Rated 4.2 out of 5
4.2 Stars out of 5
Yoti Password Manager privacy and cookies policy
Last updated on: 8 January 2018
Information collection and use
What we collect
- Usernames, passwords, URLs, names, and any login-specific settings you choose to set
- Passwords you generate using our password generator
- Information you provide to use the auto-complete feature
We store the information so you can use Yoti website Password Manager to log into websites without having to remember your login details, and so you can automatically fill in your information.
What we collect
- What devices you have logged into YPM on and the date and time of your last YPM activity on that device.
What we do with it
You can assign names to each device using YPM (for example, home laptop, work pc). You can then see which devices you are signed into and when YPM was last active on that device. You can then remotely log out of YPM for any device.
The information is encrypted and stored in secure locations. Once your account is set up, we have no access to your information. The only way we can access the information is if you provide us with the encryption key (which is a set of unique numbers stored securely on your device). Only you hold the keys to decrypt your account information.
We continually test our systems and are ISO 27001 certified, which means we follow top industry standards for information security.
Backing up your account
We store an encrypted key in the cloud you choose for back up so that you can recover access to your account on a different phone.
We collect information about your device and your use of our products using in-house analytics and third-party tools. The information we collect is de-identified and aggregated so we can’t identify you personally. We use it to understand how our products are being used and to improve them. You can opt out of certain analytics in the app.
The information provides us with statistics on things like:
- the percentage of overall registered Yoti users who also download YPM;
- how many active users we have and how many per country (based on a truncated IP address)’;
- which browser is used: Chrome, Mozilla, Safari or Internet Explorer;
- total number of uses of YPM in a day, week and month (not per user);
- length of time before users lock their YPM in the browser.
These statistics are crucial for us to understand how YPM is performing, where things are failing, and what kinds of users we have. This information helps us to understand where we need to focus our business, marketing and product development efforts and what improvements we need to make.
For more information on Yoti, our principles, when we might need to share information with third parties, our contact details, and your rights, please see https://www.yoti.com/privacypolicy/