Rated 2.3 out of 5
2.3 Stars out of 5
- by DrUncleMike, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Did you guys get a government contract or something?! Make something nobody wants, doesn't work and make them use it? EVERY SINGLE REVIEW on this latest update is BAD! Doesn't that tell you something? The only reason I give this one star is because it doesn't go any lower! You should be ashamed of yourselves.
- by pbt28, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Ce changement ne me convient pas, je n'ai plus accès à mes liens, de plus l'information de changement en langue anglaise ne tenant pas compte de la langue de l'utilisateur...
Verdict sans appel : je désinstalle la barre d'outils Yahoo !!!
- by Firefox user 12460494, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Bring back the old Yahoo toolbar. The new one is completely useless and the tabs with photos are really intrusive. What happened to the idea of satisfying the user by allowing personal customization?
- by Firefox user 12460395, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Congratulations Verizon! You just turned the best Search Engine and Toolbar Add-On for Firefox into a worthless POS...Not to mention trashing my custom setup! I'd give you a Rating of Zero stars if I could!
I want my links back or you're getting kicked to the curb!
- by katnix3, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Loved everything about the previous Yahoo Toolbar! Please bring it back! The new update is awful!!! The links are gone and I can't customize anything!!! I would rate it 0 if I could!!!
- by ozonebaby77420, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5the new toolbar sucks. all my shortcut icons are gone and there is no way to edit the toolbar now to even get them back. what's the point of even having it now??? the worst yahoo toolbar update ever.
- by Firefox user 12459113, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Changed Yahoo Toolbar is unfunctional. There is no settings icon to edit the toolbar at all. All my old stuff is gone.
Verizon does not know what they're doing obviously.
- by Firefox user 12459062, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Recently, Verizon acquired Yahoo, if you guys haven't heard. I usually don't care one way or the other about company mergers but so far, Verizon is about to run Yahoo completely into the ground. I used the toolbar only for two things, one of which I would be fine without.
I liked having my Mail just one click away as I check it very frequently and I also enjoyed the Weather app. I actually DO believe we were told that the new update would remove the Weather and while a bit of an inconvenience, I was fine with that.
I don't recall being informed that my Mail app would be removed and considering that's predominately what people use Yahoo for (if not email, then maybe the news), I'm quite baffled as to why it would be seen as a positive to just strip that away.
I've joined everyone else here and have disabled the toolbar. Now I have to constantly keep a tab open at the top of my browser for my Yahoo email to know when a new message arrives. Thanks for that :)
- by Firefox user 12458999, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 51. To call this miserable excuse of an update "a piece of crap" is an insult to those things that are truly crappy. I wish that I could give it a rating of negative five stars. This web page requires me to give it at least one.
2. I notice that 61 people give it five stars and 122 only one star. Who would like to bet that those 61 people work for Yahoo?
3. I have had some limited success with reinstalling the old tool bar. It can be done. However, after booting Firefox 2-3 times after the install, the new tool bar is automatically reinstalled. So then I have to remove it and reinstall the old tool bar yet again.
- by smatt65, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5After seeing the little window telling me toolbar updates were coming, I thought something great was coming. Little did I know the little window was actually telling me that something really stupid was coming.
After years of using the Yahoo toolbar, and enjoying the ease of adding or deleting the site icons I actually use, I just uninstalled this POS. Yahoo needs to get a grip. Their business model is failing miserably, and it almost seems it's all on purpose. This or they have some really stupid people working there.
- by Firefox user 11309038, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Hi,
ich habe die Toolbar jetzt etliche Jahre verwendet und war immer zufrieden. Klar, gab es auch mal das ein oder andere Problemchen, aber nichts war so schlimm wie das letzte Update.
Zuvor hatten wir eine seperate Leiste, in der man sehr einfach die benötigten Seiten zufügen konnte. Super! Ich habe es geliebt!!!! Benötigten Seiten zufügen, sortieren, alles ganz einfach und schnell gemacht. innerhalb von ein paar Minuten hatte man eine ganz persönliche Leiste. Und ohne langes Suchen konnte man mit einem Klick auf die Seiten zugreifen.
Doch seit dem Update haben wir zwar nette Bilder auf neuen Tabs, aber keine Leiste mehr zum einfügen der Seiten, keine Möglichkeit der persönlichen Anpassung. Es werden einem nur die am häufigsten besuchten Seiten als Button angezeigt. Was für ein ausgemachter Blödsinn!!!
Ich will MEINE Seiten einfügen, auf die bei Bedarf schnell zugreifen will! Auch wenn ich eine Seite nur alle paar Wochen brauche/besuche, will ich bei Bedarf nicht lange suchen.
Das letzte Update ist ein Grund die Toolbar zu deinstalieren!
Vorher war die Toolbar eine 5 Sterne-Toolbar mit extra Sternchen ... jetzt eine absolute Katastrophe -5 Sterne und einen ganzen Eimer voll Mist dabei....
- by Firefox user 12458616, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I would give this ZERO stars if I could.
First off whoever came up with the bright idea to do this needs to be immediately fired.
Second, since when is removing virtually all ease of use and functionality considered an improvement?
Third, since when is replacing an actual toolbar with a program that opens multiple windows with nothing on it but a pretty picture from Flickr and some icons to sites you don't care about an improvement?
If the goal of Yahoo! was get me to disable their "toolbar" permanently, congratulations, you succeeded. If the goal was to make me happy, you have flawlessly executed an epic fail.
You need to restore the old toolbar and learn when to leave well enough alone. If someone at Yahoo! needed to justify their existence by executing this fiasco, then fire them, and fire them RIGHT NOW.
No wonder I keep hearing Yahoo! has one foot in the grave.
- by Chuck, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I saw a little message on my toolbar for a week saying this update was coming. I thought it meant something great was coming. I wish I had known they were giving me a warning more a kin to a bad storm.
- by Firefox user 12458163, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I want my bookmarks back!!! I used yahoo bookmarks for years to store all of the links to my favorite websites. MOST annoying to have to recreate them in my Firefox browser. I want access to the bookmarks on my toolbar or at least have the opportunity to export them. If not possible, I will be deleting an account I have had since the early 1990's.
- by Firefox user 12458088, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5All of my previous icons are gone. I hate this new version. There's no "add more apps" icon so I can't even remake the toolbar. These other icons are completely irrelevant to me; I want my old toolbar back!!!
- by Firefox user 12451194, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5How could you take something that works perfectly well and screw it up so bad is beyond comprehension. I want my toolbar back and with the list of complaints, one has the feeling that Yahoo does not read them and they really do not care at all what we think, Yahoo made the decision what I could keep and what I could not, they are not my big brother or are they now?