Rated 2.3 out of 5
2.3 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13464399, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5It is useless. With version 5.1.1 of Yahoo my Yahoo Toolbar disappears and cannot be retrieved. Please in future when I go back to version 5.0.9 do not automatically then dowload 5.1.1 again. I do not want it !
- by Firefox user 13438163, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Since Firefox updated to version 56.0.2, it removed my Yahoo toolbar and have since been unable to reinstall! I even tried installing thru the add-ons with Firefox without success!
- by Firefox user 13404302, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5I like this feature very much but it is not stable. Sometimes the button favorites are there and then they disappear. Is there anyway to stabilize it? Thanks, AV
- by SicilianQueenV, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Five Stars for More Bookmarks Toolbar! Big fat zero for Yahoo Toolbar, which I would have thought they would have changed by now! If you have Firefox, I STRONGLY suggest you search on Add-On's Manager, for "MORE BOOKMARKS TOOLBAR." It is very easy to copy and paste, or drag and drop all of your favorite sites, which I had to find again, and it works better than Yahoo! I also use the Firefox toolbar, which you can copy and paste, drag & drop, your favorite sites on as well. I have all of my add-ons set to "update manually." Then, they cannot update to any of the add-ons, you don't want to change. You can find it to the left of the search for add-ons bar. It is a tool weel, and just uncheck the automatic add-ons, and check, "manually update add-ons". There is also "Roomy Bookmarks Toolbar" for Chrome and Firefox, that is great. Hope this helps. I lost so many of my sites, and they didn't even warn anyone!
- by flntlok, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5The new Yahoo toolbar is somewhat less useful than teats on a boar hog! I kept it because of the Bookmarks - which were fast and convenient, but seemingly no longer offered in the "new Toolbar"! I give it 2 stars only because of the search box - which works better than the Yahoo search provided by Firefox; i.e., I can use it to open a new tab without losing the page I'm already on and it offers suggestions of possible pages I'm seeking! The Yahoo search provided by Firefox won't let me do that!
If I hadn't spent the past 15+ years with a Yahoo email, which I use for my business, I'd completely remove anything to do with Yahoo from my computer! Once a pretty good Browser; now even the My home page is mediocre!
- by Ricardo, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5For those that hate the new Yahoo Toolbar and just want a simple toolbar to place your favorite sites, try ' More Bookmarks Toolbar". Search for it in Firefox's Extensions or just Google it.
So simple to use, just drag and drop existing or new bookmarks to the new Toolbar.
Better than the original Yahoo Toolbar too.
The 5 stars are for the 'More Bookmarks Toolbar'. Yahoo get zero.
- by Firefox user 12673839, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I would give it 0 stars if I could. Extra garbage page that is useless. I don't know what this is suppose to be, but none of the buttons work and you can't customize.
- by Charles, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I'm just about ready to get rid of My Yahoo, including my email account, after continued problems. It seems everytime they do a revision, it something worse than what they already had in place. Their remake of the Yahoo Toolbar took away the "Bookmarks" icon, now god-only-knows where (or if) you can find them to edit. Even their Weather app is crap. Often it cannot seem to figure out just where you live, even when you tell it! Then, add in the recent email hack of over 500 million users and you just have to serious ask yourself if this company hasn't just taken away almost any reason to continue using it. Unreliable and Untrustworthy are not a good combination.
- by Firefox user 12622536, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Wish I could give 0 or negative stars. They took something that worked just fine and broke it...They took away all my links that I used Daily and replaced them with links that I have absolutely NO USE for and there is no way to get my old links back! This thing serves NO useful purpose and will soon be deleted from all my computers.
- by Firefox user 12589187, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I've been used the Yahoo toolbar for more than 10 years and it has always been awesome.... but last update took my links/notes far away and now my information is missed!
- by Firefox user 12582696, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Can't believe they got rid of customization of the toolbar, hate to go back to IE but use the toolbar so much I might have to.
Please talk Yahoo into changing it back.
- by tom, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I used the yahoo toolbar all of the time it was able to customized and easy to use. This does not do anything and is difficult to use. I am deleting it and I will check back to find a toolbar that works like the old yahoo toolbar.