Rated 3.5 out of 5
3.5 Stars out of 5
- by granger, 7 days agoRated 1 out of 5en anglais alors que le site qui m'y renvoie est en français!
Developer responseposted 7 days agoWe have a fully working French translation in the extension - feel free to send us an email at email@example.com if you are having trouble signing up. Who Targets Me is a volunteer run project, if you spot any problems with any of the translations on the extension please feel free to help us fix them!
- by Firefox user 14959314, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5sits in the background whilst I use facebook and then shows me exactly which political parties are targetting me (and my vote). really interesting.
- by Firefox user 14731986, 7 months agoRated 4 out of 5Great concept - But it dosen't support all languages danish is for example missing.The next version will have Danish, we promise. If you're happy to use the software in English, it'll work as expected in Denmark, as we have the Danish political parties' FB page data already researched and uploaded.
- by Dmytro, 7 months agoRated 1 out of 5Why there's no Ukraine in the list of countries? It's the biggest European country by area.Ukraine (country) and Ukrainian (language) are both supported. We're cleaning up the way the languages and countries are listed, but if you re-install, you will find Ukraine towards the top of the list (just above United Kingdom).
- by Firefox user 6918644, 7 months agoRated 1 out of 5It was good but when the new version was released, it doesn't recognise my Finnish zip-code anymore so it doesn't work.Not sure what happened here - versions of the software above 1.2.20 should accept all postcodes worldwide. We'll report this as a bug and address it in the next version.
- by PERCE-NEIGE, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Why this module has been published twice on Mozilla addon site? You can use it from 18 to 69 y.o. Why? If you type 99 or 88 it won't accept! It looks like a spy tool for me. It asks you your age, only accepts the age that interests them for their campaign or for selling your data, and asks you your political views.... I through it was supposed to tell you how advertisers see you... Definitively a spy tool!
But it's not hidden, there's no lie: they tell you: all your data are collected...Sorry for the slow reply to this. To reply to your points and hopefully reassure you:
1/ There's no age limitation on the software (but please use a real age so we're able to identify and report on trends in political advertising).
2/ We're interested in people's self-identified political views because it helps observe trends in who's targeting who, and how accurate political advertisers are in reaching people who share their views. E.g. if you report as being left-wing, but see lots of adverts from right-wing parties, there are interesting questions raised about how well campaigns are doing their job.
3/ We don't sell data.
4/ Our campaign is for parties and social media platforms to be more transparent about political advertising and for regulators to respond. Nothing else.
5/ The permissions on the software are broader than we'd like them to be. This is a limitation of the browser extension format. Anyone who wants can review our code on our Github, to confirm that the software only identifies advertising in the feed, much like an adblocker does.
- by Firefox user 14198120, a year agoRated 1 out of 5I didn't recognise my Swedish zip-code so I couldn't use it.Sorry for the slow reply - we had some early issues with trying to identify different formats of zip-code from around the world, but have now fixed this and the software should work wherever you live.