- by Firefox user 13042614, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I'm rating this 5/5 because it's awesome and mandatory these days.
Q1. Is it possible to add an option to hide the toolbar icon (and any other UI reference to this extension) if "Disable Private Bookmarks outside of private browsing" is enabled?
Q2. Or maybe it is possible to show the icon on the toolbar only in private window?
Developer responseposted a year agoUnfortunately Firefox does not allow extensions to do this. What you could do is remove the button yourself through the right click -> customize menu and access the extension through keyboard shortcuts. By default this is Alt+Shift+8.
- by CampFireMan, a year agoRated 5 out of 5So far this plugin is great! THANKS YOU SIR. It behaves just as promised. Just some questions or ideas:
- Is there a keyboard shortcut for creating private bookmarks?
- When bookmarks unlocked in private Window they become visible in normal session (as long as private session is unlocked)
Developer responseposted a year ago- By default it is Ctrl+Shift+8, as mentioned in the description. You can customize this through Firefox' add-ons menu -> gear icon -> manage extension shortcuts.
- Yes that is true. While unlocked Private Bookmarks behave just like any other bookmark.
- Feel free to ask any further questions on the issue tracker (https://github.com/rharel/webext-private-bookmarks/issues)
- by Jimmyr3, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Worked great but forgot to lock it before closing Firefox. Lost a couple hundred bookmarks the first day. Live and learn
- by Firefox user 15290111, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Great add on. However, all of a sudden my password doesn't work so I can't access any of the bookmarksApparently it's a rare bug that pops up under specific circumstances for some users. I have not yet been able to reproduce it on my end so unfortunately all I can advise is to export backups of your private bookmarks once in a while so you can restore them if you encounter this again. Thanks for the feedback.