Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15963778, 3 years ago
It's not much this plugin is doing. It simply adds the little exclusion of pinterest.* to your search query, but for an absolute pinterest-hater like me it's about to become a real timesaver when I add together all the seconds over the years, I'd have to write this line ... and even more for every search query I forgot the line and had to re-search not to mention the anger and frustration I would feel seeing all this crap pinterest.ie-us-dk-se-com and what not links on google search... thanks for this plugin and I will come back and invite you for coffee once I saved enough time for this occassion ;-). CHEERS!
- Rated 3 out of 5by Albino, 7 months agoFunctional, but ends up removing Way More image results than just pinterest images (though thats likely an issue with google)
Plus, ive moved off of using google except for very specific searches that other search engines cant find and this isnt built for those.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Wilf, 2 years agoJust didn't work, then again, not much seems to works with what's become the weed of the internet.
Maybe it's about time Firefox themselves started doing something positive about what has basically turned into a spam site.
- Rated 1 out of 5by andreasr, 2 years agoSadly it does not work. Either google or pinterest found a way around it, half of the frontpage results are pintrest. using regex on pi-hole now.
Good idea, though. Needs more work
- Rated 1 out of 5by Felthas, 2 years agoThis is currently not working for me. Uninstall/reinstall. I have tried everything for this. Last month it was working fine. I hope you get it fixed soon, I love this extension. Please get it up asap.
- Rated 1 out of 5by whitepawn, 2 years agoI was REALLY looking forward to this. Except it doesn't work. Enabled, un-enabled, re-enabled. Reloaded Mozilla. Rinse/repeat. This add-on does nothing.
The only thing that works is -pinterest in the search bar and that only stops pinterest page results, it doesn't stop the top 50 images from being....pinterest which is what lead me here, to this add-on.
Pinterest wins, apparently.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Mimicus, 2 years agoWorks well with google search but side effect with google maps (can't search/find). It is necessary to temporarily deactivate the module before using google maps
- Rated 4 out of 5by Ian Z, 2 years agoWorks exactly as described! My only gripe is that, as someone else mentioned, it does break google maps (and several other of the seamless search features you don't even think about but will definitely miss). Although, you can toggle the extension off easy enough if you do find yourself having some kinda Google issue.
However, all it truly does is append "-site:pinterest.*" to the end of any search phrase you put through any Google field with reckless abandon -- which is why it breaks things like Google Maps and some of the richer features offered as a first result when googling for definitions, translations, or unit conversions.
I don't know that I'll keep it installed to be perfectly honest. I'm pretty sure this add-on could be replaced with a bookmarklet or by simply adding a second Google as a new custom search engine with the earlier string in quotes added into its search URL template.
Might be worth keeping to use for mobile though.