- Rated 2 out of 5by Pyre, 4 months agoThis app almost never can find the image you're searching for. Basically useless.
Developer responseposted 4 months agoHello! Thank you for using TinEye! I'm sorry that TinEye was not able to find matches for your images. Though our crawlers add tens of millions of images every day, there are images that we haven't found yet, or can't find due to restrictions. Check back; we may find them soon!
However, there are some images that we can't find:
- Most social media sites, like Facebook and Instagram, restrict us from crawling their images
- Images that are on password-protected pages or pages that are not publicly accessible
- Personal photographs that are only on your device
- Some small or simple images may not have enough detail for us to make a fingerprint
- Similar images (see here: https://tineye.com/faq#similar)
- Rated 2 out of 5by Neil Roy, 4 years agoWhen it does work, it works really well. I found some scammers will take an image frame from a video in order to fool these sorts of things. They can also flip the image horizontally, and I am not so sure this checks for that. Not a bad app though, certainly easy to use, but most of the time it finds nothing. I think with some work it would be really good.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 12532989, 5 years agoHelpful info.. (I've been here before because of nonworking TFSC) and my old eyes need help, like a lot of peeps showing up here :)
First, I only use PC Waterfox 64bit 54ver. and I use Thunderbird 32bit 52ver. I have ALL my addon's turned off and not to update including WF and TB. I realize now, That Firefox and Thunderbird will never add some helpful font adjustments for our bad eyes :(
If you read through the reviews. You'll see some info reviews on how to download and install a non expiring version of TFSC on earlier version of FF, Waterfox, TB. I only wanted to help people because I feel their pain on not being able to see and need help and remember to turn off all updates that includes FF, TB, WF. . I still want to give props to the Author of TFSC. Thx you!
- Rated 2 out of 5by Nicholas Neal, 5 years agoAs much as I like the idea of the extension, I find it very suspicious that they failed to properly mention some of the most important information about their privacy, namely "When you use our services, we may automatically log certain information about your use of the services. This information may include how you use the service, your IP address, your search query, the date and time of your query and referrer URL.". A simple line of text here would've made it look more authentic, yet I had to visit their website and go through a few web pages to access this information.