Developer responseposted 2 years ago
Hi Corvid. I'm sorry you're having trouble with the extension. Some websites block right clicks on images, in which case the extension can't work on it. I suggest trying on images on other sites; I know cnn.com images work. If it still doesn't appear, then there must be an installation problem. If you'd like to email email@example.com I'd be happy to help.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Pyre, 2 months agoThis app almost never can find the image you're searching for. Basically useless.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoHello! Thank you for using TinEye! I'm sorry that TinEye was not able to find matches for your images. Though our crawlers add tens of millions of images every day, there are images that we haven't found yet, or can't find due to restrictions. Check back; we may find them soon!
However, there are some images that we can't find:
- Most social media sites, like Facebook and Instagram, restrict us from crawling their images
- Images that are on password-protected pages or pages that are not publicly accessible
- Personal photographs that are only on your device
- Some small or simple images may not have enough detail for us to make a fingerprint
- Similar images (see here: https://tineye.com/faq#similar)
- Rated 5 out of 5by WebDevRobert, 5 months agoI've been using this service for as long as I can remember it being available and the plugin, as early as it became available and appreciate the functionality it offers still.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14108576, 5 months agoI'm doubtful this even works.
After installing TinEye, I performed side-by-side searches for three images off the web, Google's image search vs TinEye. Google found 9, 14, and 103 image matches; TinEye found zero, zero, and zero.