Rated 4.3 out of 5
4.3 Stars out of 5
Developer responseposted 2 years ago
there is actually a place to see all saved urls and delete the undesired ones: firefox bookmark manager! Open it with Ctrl+Shift+O, and you should see a "Time Capsule" folder where you can delete or manually edit bookmarks settings
- by gandbranco, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Is great, but that plugin open multiple windows to same url, that is very bad. Another issue hasnt no place to see the all urls saved , miss a time capsule manager to exclude url
Developer responseposted 2 years agothere is actually a place to see all saved urls and delete the undesired ones: firefox bookmark manager! Open it with Ctrl+Shift+O, and you should see a "Time Capsule" folder where you can delete or manually edit bookmarks settings
- by Firefox user 12297356, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5I like its simplicity, and that it's still fairly powerful. I like it better in some ways than the Snooze pilot.
On the downside:
- my use case is actually to program tabs to pop up on specific days and time, so (I ended up doing a quick search) My Weekly Browsing or TabAlarm seem to be closer to what I want. Unfortunately they both look to be unmaintained. Is it something you'd consider implementing? I'd totally understand if you said you wanted to keep it simple. :)
- the "click on the pop-up than type" feature is pretty much undiscoverable for the standard user. In fact, I missed it the first time around when I skimmed through the extension description. IMHO, you should add a "Customize" (for instance) button instead.
I also have a question: looking at old extensions, it seems a case that's not always well handled is when the browser is closed (or the computer off) when the tab should pop back up. Do you handle this gracefully?
Anyway, thanks for the extension and keep up the good work!
Developer responseposted 4 years agokeeping it simple is indeed the current motto :)
I'm ok with the "click on the pop-up then type" feature being only discoverable from the documentation as that's an advanced user feature, but maybe we could have a small help link at the bottom of the popup to display a short explanation of keyboard feature (I opened a issue for it https://github.com/maxlath/time-capsule/issues/3 ).
In the case the browser is opened after the expiration time, the expired bookmark is directly opened: hope that registers as graceful :)
- by JustBoris, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5I bookmark a lot of things, always with tags. When I search for similar things, the URL drop-down does its best to find stuff I've already bookmarked.
Nevertheless I don't make as much use of the Firefox search characters (#,@,*,^,+,~,%) as I should. I happened upon this add-on looking for something else.
Quite like it so far but would prefer an automatic time delay before things start popping up rather than a manual set. Perhaps I'll change my mind once too many things start popping up!