- Rated 1 out of 5by really?, 20 hours agoWhy does it now announce with a little popup that it skipped a sponsor? Its jarring and obtrusive.
- Rated 1 out of 5by bananas! bananas! bananas!, 2 days agoIt used to not be intrusive about what its blocking but now it will just pause the video for a second or two and give you this jarring pop-up about how its totally skipping for realsies.
- Rated 1 out of 5by twac2988, a month agoDemands you to tediously preview the sponsored segment with no option to disable this. I use quick hotkeys to quickly submit segments without getting in the way of my viewing experience. Now, I have an annoying popup demanding me to test if I did a good enough job. I use the ", and ." keys to make the segments frame perfect, and now, you want to waste my time even more, with the audacity to not even create a setting for this? I guess my volunteer work is over. Goodbye.
Developer responseposted a month agoThere is a keybind for previewing exactly for this use-case. Just because you use `,` and `.` doesn't mean there can't be skipping issues. Remember, bad segments mean extra work for people moderating segments.
- Rated 1 out of 5by NoonyaBeeznus, a month agoWorks well on YouTube, but breaks videos on other sites - in this case specifically Teachable courses. I'm not sure if it is something about the video player used (hotmart), but it blocks the player from loading in properly and returns a "Something went wrong" text in place of the video.
Issue was solved through Refreshing in Troubleshoot mode, as using regular Troubleshoot mode, uninstalling the add-on, and deleting browser preference data didn't work either.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Haze, 2 months agoEither I'm stupid or is missing the point. Or both. Same every 1 min youtube commercials destroying any type of previous youtube experience. I thought this add-on would remove just that??
Developer responseposted 2 months agoYou are missing the point. SponsorBlock is not a traditional ad blocker but for skipping times inside of YouTube videos when the creator themselves promotes a product. It does not skip ads by YouTube. It is meant to be used alongside uBlock Origin
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 18123981, 4 months agoAbsolutely tanks performance, to the point where watching a video on YT with this extension causes fans to spin like crazy, and the video frames start to stutter.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14200416, 4 months agoDoesn't seem to be working anymore. I have a screenshot (https://imgur.com/a/tvPEZmR). Also is not working in Firefox on Windows and Mac. I also want to add that I did try and turn off all addons first. It is definitely SponsorBlock.That notice has nothing to do with SponsorBlock. That is talking about adblockers. Extensions that can cause that include adblockers, ghostery, enhancer for youtube, and others.