- by Firefox user 15191852, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Please fix this "No support incognito mode, please disable incognito mode for addon" bug. Been working great, then last night it crashed on both my pc's.
I don't use incognito mode, don't have any tabs open in incognito mode.
- by anonim, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Неплохое дополнение, даже без склероза, как у "Panorama Tab Groups". Единственная просьба перенести панель с кнопками управления группами и плагином снизу - наверх выпадающего меню. Так как при большом количестве вкладок туды пока долезешь - и рак свиснет. Сильно напрягает...
- by Firefox user 14963632, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5It keeps duplicating tabs in groups. randomly, in random groups. Aftrer closing and re-opening firefox suddenly I have 10, 15 tabs more then before. Some of them are just copy of another
- by Firefox user 14957164, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5I found this plugin really awesome and can't live without it. But apparently, with the latest version 3.4.4 (firefox quantum 66.0.5), it no longer works. I can not change the tab group anymore and all tabs of other groups are accessible only via the hidden tab :-(. Many thanks for the support
- by miguelk, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Thanks. Does what I needed, however, I can't figure out why when I delete a tab from the tab bar, it deletes it from the Tab Group. This defeats the purpose of the addon. Am I doing something wrong...? Am I missing something...? Please advise. Thx again.
- by Firefox user 14604227, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5You should be able to name the tab groups and use drag-and-drop instead of going through multiple context windows. Otherwise, I'm glad I thought to look this up.
- by Firefox user 14423968, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5It would be great if STG worked fine with the last Extended Support Release of Firefox (currently 60.3.0). This E.S.R. is used in corporate environments (like my government).
Unfortunately last STG available for this Firefox version crashes very often, mixes tabs between groups and ends up not showing the Group Administration Tab.
- by Firefox user 14349265, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I wish you implement "select last active tab after closing current tab" feature.
I have tried 2 other addons that bring this functionality, but they both conflict with your addon:
When I switch from group A to group B and then close active tab in this B group - I am switched back to A group. That works like it should be: last active tab was that one in A group.
But if I switch back to group B again - then any active tab from A "moves" to group B.
- by jcadbiz, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I'm at 3.499
I think it's a fabulous bit of code - potentially really useful. Problem is that it's not being integrated with other, more essential add-ons or features.
For me, the deal killer is the lack of coordination with ONETAB, which is one of my primary ways of keeping track of my research in a simple permanent list system. With Simple Tab all nice and neat - now I run OneTab and it's like I just powered up a chain saw at a society event.
The kicker to giving Simple Tab the boot, is the fact that multiple windows know not to let OneTab bother it. Obviously a similar feature, so perhaps I will find some way of managing those windows visually? Why didn't Simple Tab Groups think of that, instead of re-inventing the bowling alley?
- by Firefox user 13897107, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Be sure to turn on automatic backup!! Today, when Firefox crashed, the group record disappeared!!Hi! Please update addon to latest version (now 3.3.2) now tabs create with lazy loading
Webextension don't support set text instead of icon...
Thanks for your feedback
- by Firefox user 13727573, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5i just enabled this at version 3.0.8 and it brought back tabs i had closed today.
also it moved some tabs to a hidden menu and when i click the icon, i see this:
"Found hidden unsynchronized tabs. Click on tab to show it into current group/window or:
Move all of this tabs into current group/window
Create new group with all of this tabs
Close all of this tabs"
if i disable it now, i'm worried i'll lose those hidden tabs. this is really not a good design. if i enable this addon, it should not mess around with my tabs and risk losing them. i might disable it now and lose those tabs.
you really need to keep this addon from messing with users' tabs.
and "this tabs" should be corrected to "these tabs"
ok, so i clicked "move all tabs into current group". it's kind of fixed the lost tabs, but now i have some duplicates and the when i had enabled it first, the tabs to the right of the addons tab, moved to the top so they're to the right of my last pinned tab.
please fix all these bugs !If you turn off the addon, the browser will show all the tabs hidden by this addon.
If you turn on the addon - then it tries to restore the previous state before it disable.
You can move tab to other group by right click on tab (context menu).
I corrected the translation "this tabs" to "these tabs". This update will available in next release.
- by steve113, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5beim gruppenwechseln, werden immer alle tab neu geladen.. was manchmal nervtPlease, update Firefox to latest version v61 and after that update addon to STG v3.0 (not experimental). In this version I implement hide tabs api, switch between groups and not close tabs
- by benney, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5- Il manque la possibilité d’une sauve garde automatique
- il manque la synchronisation des onglets dans les Marques-pages : que chaque groupe soit rassemblé dans un dossier des Marques-pages : "Simple Tab"
- dans le menu-contextuelle depuis "Simple Tabs Groupe" pourvoir arriver directement dans "transféré dans un groupe" et que l'option "définir… … " soit mis dans cette zone. Elle sers trop peu pour être un passage obligatoire.Please, update Firefox to latest version v61 and after that update addon to STG v3.0 (not experimental). In this version I implement hide tabs api, switch between groups and not close tabs
- by e-motiv, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Great add-on. However, there are some issues with it, that makes it very annoying for me. Not sure if it's related to other add-ons (such as Session Manager), but here they are:
- "Move tab to" menu is in a sub-menu (takes too much time and precise mouse accuracy)
- Does not accept local (non-internet) tabs. As a web designer, this really sucks.
- After switching group, all tabs are loaded. I don't want that.
- Tabs disappear sometimes (not a lot and not sure when)
- It forgets a lot in which tab group you were last time and you end up with a copy of all your tabs in a non-group tab. (Probably after restarting Firefox, not sure)
To the developer: I appreciate your efforts! I really do. The rating just reflects my "annoyment" and is no reflection to you or your efforts.Please, update Firefox to latest version v61 and after that update addon to STG v3.0 (not experimental). In this version I implement hide tabs api, switch between groups and not close tabs
- by rustymonkey, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5This is a great addon, but I'm sticking with an older version because the current version gives it permission to "Access your data for all websites".
I realize that this permission is being used to create site thumbnails, but would it be possible to create a version that doesn't include thumbnails so that such a broad level of access isn't required?Please, update Firefox to latest version v61 and after that update addon to STG v3.0 (not experimental). In this version I implement hide tabs api, switch between groups and not close tabs
Require "Access your data for all websites" can't make optional, restriction of FF WebEx API
- by Firefox user 6210085, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Some of the problems are due to a FF bug. Remember to save all tabs and then restore them manually until the bugs are fixed.
There is a work around. Create a tab group move it to the top position. Only the tabs in the first group are missing.
I wish this had a export to tab groups format. I want to go back to FF 56 ESR because the lost tab bug is too annoying.
- by Firefox user 13900975, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5needs to be better. not functional enough.
- by andresortizs, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I'll give it 3 stars because it works and it is a great addon, but I still can't find one that makes fast switching. I hope they fix it fast! Thanks a lot!
- by Firefox user 13856192, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5[Update: just noticed that Simple Tab Groups (STG) was updated today - to v2.4.8. This is according to FF\Recent Updates, which also states "Sorry, but there was an error loading the release notes". Might any of these factors be something to do with my total loss of all tabs and groups!?!? Seems I'm having Certificate issues in FF now also. Concidence? Mmh]
OK. In principle this add-on is exactly what's required: and easy way to switch between groups of tabs.
By this I mean it should be like a "bookmarking plus" process, whereby a group of tabs is opened, new tabs become part of that group, and all tabs are auto-saved immediately as such. In this way, the tab "Group" is kind of similar in concept to a bookmark "Folder" except the latter is wholly maintained manually (time consuming, error prone, but safe!).
Managing tabs in groups (Moving etc.) is then required, as is naming the groups. This is achieved for the most part (but could be a bit more streamlined re the deepening menus!?).
This system is good, and users - including me - are becoming highly reliant on this add-on for everyday use. Great!
But when a user looses 100's of tabs that were in numerous groups (yep - like me!), it means there's something fundamentally wrong with the design.
I am aware of the Firefox bugs mentioned in various places, but this add-on needs a solid, fully-tested means of automatically backing up groups of tabs. In my case, Win10 glitched and put apps in a semi-disabled state, so MS have caused this, but still...
Having no obvious means to recover tabs is a REAL pain. I do have a manual backup of 2-3 weeks ago, but that's way out of date even after 1 hour of serious browsing, working, researching etc. etc.).
IMO, I don't see the need for 'live' or always open tabs when switching groups. Keep it simple I say. I group tabs (or did before it all went awol) by 'project' and by 'work mode' (e.g. "MX5 rebuild" and "Web Training"
So my advice is to set a clear requirement spec and stick to it! Get it working and really reliable (users will help!!). Then... see what users want. A lot of good work has gone into this Addon and it's potentially brilliant, but it's popularity will turn to hatred with no crash recovery options. Crashes happen (MS!) and are OK actually (what!?!) as long as they're not too often (a sad state of current day software running under Windows, but that's modern life for ya!).
I hope the developer can assist me (and others!) and I can recover my groups, but otherwise I can't afford another "total loss" and will have to ditch this add-on :(
Best wishes peeps //LThanks for your review!
Please, update Firefox to latest version v61 and after that update addon to STG v3.0 (not experimental). In this version I implement hide tabs api, switch between groups and not close tabs
- by Firefox user 13739107, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Thanks for this addon.
Feature wise, there's everything I need and it is evolving rapidly.
Unfortunately, I experience some bugs which make it a bit too unreliable atm :
- Sometime some "random" tabs groups are created (not by me). They did not come from new windows.
- When I switch from one group to another, some tabs switch to the new group (not all of them... just a few).
- Some tabs can't be moved to another group (with an error message explaining the operation is impossible)
- When switching to another group, sometime I get an error message warning that the current tabs will be closed. Don't know why but very annoying.
I can't confirm a 100%, but it seems these problems concern only tabs with URLs on my localhost or with local HTML files.
I should make more tests to confirm though.
- by Firefox user 13723510, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I have the same issue as another reviewer below. I'm in a tab group (Main), I add some new tabs. I go to switch to a different group and it warns me 'open tabs will be closed'. If I switch groups then go back to Main the new tabs are not there anymore. I don't understand how to sync or to make it save newly added tabs? Thanks...