Rated 3 out of 5by Paul Hook, 3 years ago
Handy but limited. Allowing wider view (50% instead of 25% of window) would help a lot. Too many web pages are not optimized for mobile view and are not readable when limited to 25% side bar (PDFs opened in browsers, for example). That's available with Tile Tabs WE, but it would be nice to have in Side View to not have to guess how a particular page is going to behave, choose which extension to use, test it, find it's not the right choice, close, choose the other one, etc.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Andrewski, 2 months agoYup.. this takes up 10-20% of your screen making this utterly useless. WHY would ANYONE make this garbage tool. I can see the use of this for stock tickers.... maybe... that's about it.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 17151922, 3 months agoAn extremely useful tool, similar to Vivaldi's "Tab Tilling" function but inferior, because it is extremely limited and the size of the window is exaggeratedly small, still, it fulfills its function and I hope Mozilla will update this add-on again.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15032581, 3 months agoSehr gute Idee aber noch ziemlich schwach auf der Brust. Wenn ich mir andere Browser angucke machen die sowas bereits out-of-the-box. Hier ist viel Potenzial drin.
- Rated 5 out of 5by MegrelKam, 4 months agoIt collides with youtube music. And I use youtube music often, It makes the music stop If you go on another tab and the volume slider and some buttons are gone. Other than this it's nice.
EDIT: I right clicked Side View Extension button and changed site to Desktop version, it worked.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 12179569, 4 months agoПереглянути два сайти в одному вікні - хороша ідея. Але бічна панель не розтягується до середини вікна, і відео можна переглянути на вбудованому вікні Pop -Up. Розмір цього вікна можна змінити, що ви не можете зробити з вікна Pop -Up. Недороблена функція.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Levwitz, 4 months agoThis add-on is awesome! Chrome/Opera/Brave/Edge cannot do this even if they wish. As of now - some of them allows sidebar, but just for viewing Bookmarks or displaying search-results.
Only Firefox can pull-up a website in a sidebar as of now. Please continue its development.
This feature is "one" more major reason to totally ignore other web browsers in my day-to-day work. I have always used Firefox and will continue supporting it. Thanks for the continued development of the Mozilla project. God bless. Cheers.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13981983, 6 months agoIt's a great concept, but two things let it down:
- There is a max width that is enforced which is too limiting for most things.
- Seems like you are constrained to having the same side view loaded in every window. Would be useful to be able to set a side view url per firefox window