- Rated 5 out of 5This addon is simple to use and to configure. Doesn't interfere with desktop (X11 CLIPBOARD) on Linux. Text is copied via PRIMARY instead which is used by mouse button 3.
"Selection Context Search" is the best replacement I found until now for the much better but outdated context-search addons from pre-Quantum era.
- Rated 4 out of 51.) addon is activated
2.) I make changes in the bookmarks
3.) restart firefox
4.) changed bookmarks lost, nothing was saved before
I disable the addon
- Rated 5 out of 5Very good. This addon allows you to customize the context menu search using place holders. Thus even when the query term appears in the middle of the URL, it can handle it nicely.
The "i" button for information does not work relialbly (macOS). It needs to be corrected.
- Rated 5 out of 5It works OK. I would love it to have an option to display results in background tab like in Selection Context Search mini#1
- Rated 5 out of 5awesome functionality!!
a request - a possibility to open the search in a smaller preview window instead of a new tab.
thanks for your work!
- Rated 2 out of 5An sich ein Tolles Tool - ABER: Bringt meinen FF61 ständig zum abstürzen und zertstört den Cut&Paste Buffer (extrem nervig). Support gibt's auch keinen - im Normalfall deaktivieren.
- Rated 5 out of 5Firefox CRASH becasue of " Copy to clipboard" option ,
I disabled it and it stopped freezing .
- Rated 5 out of 5This is absolutely fantastic work. One of the things I missed the most when upgrading to Quantum was losing the old Context Search extension by Ben Basson. Since then I've been delighted to discover that several replacements are available, but I think this one is the best of all of them.
It's super-configurable and you can adjust just about all aspects of how the extension works. The options page is a little tricky to work out initially, but you only need to tweak the defaults if you don't want to get too bogged down in the details.
There are three ways you can perform a search:
a) The normal way, through a sub-menu on the context menu
b) Directly on the context menu without needing the open a sub-menu (by installing the separate "Selection Context Search - mini" extensions)
c) Using the pop-up icons for one-click searching without the context menu
You can control where the search page appears. I prefer it as a background tab next to the current tab.
What I love is that you can replace a number of other extensions with this one. There are extensions that offer to translate the current page for you, but here you can translate either the selected text or the current page. Likewise, there are extensions for performing reverse Google Image searches, but this extension does that too. Brilliant!
REQUEST: Can we please have a blacklist of sites where we can disable this extension because it does NOT play well with JIRA. Too many times have I inserted something like "|!https://www.google.com.au/favicon.ico!|!https://www.google.com.au/favicon.ico!|!https://www.youtube.com/favicon.ico!|!https://en.wikipedia.org/favicon.ico!|" into my JIRA tickets.
- Rated 4 out of 5Good stuff. It covers 3 types of add-ons in e.g. Context Search, Reverse image search and Server info/Cache browser. Has lots of servers built, can be very organized. I don't care for the restrictive license (on an open platform) so -1 star.
Consider adding POST method for more websites support and bookmarklet support.
- Rated 1 out of 5Ruins the ability to paste into browser window, such as for a search term.
- Rated 4 out of 5The popup should stay the same size regardless of site specific custom zoom level, now it gets bigger/smaller if custom zoom is set.
Popup's icons are still "missing" if 3rd party is blocked in uBlock Origin, just square with arrow is showing and not the sites correct icons)
- Rated 5 out of 5Nice tool (FF.66b7)
- Rated 5 out of 5Very useful and easy addon.By now I couldn't live without it.
- Rated 5 out of 5best context menu search add-ons
- Rated 3 out of 5Looks nice, but why doesn't it use the opensearch plugins installed?
- Rated 4 out of 5Nifty tool this is.
- Rated 5 out of 5Best context search add-on I've seen. Thanks a lot!
- Rated 5 out of 5Thank you for this addon!
Allow to change via options/settings the, relative to the selection, position of the popup window when selecting text.
I am asking this because the popup window is now conflicting with the popup icon/bubble of the add-on "Google™ Translator" (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/google-translator-webextension/).
- Rated 5 out of 5The BEST for right click context search with multiple search engines and very configurable and easily add new search engines.