- Rated 4 out of 5by Beachbubba, 2 years agoIs this extension still relevant in Firefox versions 91+?
Edit: Also, does it play well with uBlock Origin?
- Rated 4 out of 5by TK, 2 years agoDoes what it needs to do ; looking for the Github URL to contribute though to contribute :)
- Rated 5 out of 5by madflower, 2 years agoI think it works good so far!
If you did the copy link url thing working like in the previous comment, it isn't removing fbclid with the ascii escape charactors in the url like:
(greatly shortened for readability)I haven't done anything for "Copy link location" yet. It would require obtaining clipboard permissions and adding significantly to the codebase, so I'm probably not getting around to it any time soon to be honest. Best thing is just open the link in a new tab and then copy/paste that URL.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 5702412, 3 years agoJust tested it with Firefox 76.0.1.
Let me update my review:
It does stop the end site from seeing the ?fbclid parameter. I reconfirmed this with mitmproxy. (Live HTTP headers on the other hand showed the unchanged HTTP request).
How it could be better:
1) Changes the URL presented by facebook to the end URL, so that facebook doesn't know you've clicked on a link, and
2) All right-click copy link to copy the end link, rather than the facebook link.
CheersFacebook uses some php link redirector thing when you click outgoing links. When the URL finishes loading (using the one you posted as an example) does it redirect to "https://www.theonion.com/tyson-promises-meatpackers-who-die-from-coronavirus-wil-1843678529"?
- Rated 4 out of 5by Alexis Prel, 3 years agoIt simply does the job, thanks a lot for that!
I did wish it would also remove the fbclid when I do a right click + "Copy link location", to share URLs via e-mails. Not sure if that's possible, but I would definitely love to see that!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Maxim Borkunov, 3 years agoWorks like a charm. Thank you for your job.
Noticed a site which also uses utm_referrer
It's a news aggregator. When you open an article and follow to origin sources then utm_referrer is added