Rated 2.7 out of 5
2.7 Stars out of 5
- by molitar, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5Use to work great with Imagus but now it does not work right at all. If I block all sites it works fine but if I try to block a specific site even though log shows it's blocking the popup does not work properly.
Before the setting use to be treated like setting the network referer heading setting to 1 in Firefox. Now it is useless.
- by FD, 6 months agoRated 2 out of 5Very interesting features for this extension, unfortunately it is not working properly: many times your settings are ignored, so it's useless. I hope the developer would fix it some day...
- by Firefox user 12985156, 6 months agoRated 2 out of 5Since this addon isn't developed anymore and has all kinds of issues, I started using the following:
- by plb, a year agoRated 1 out of 5When I go from https://www.apple.com/de/shop/browse/account/home to https://secure.store.apple.com/de/shop/account/setup/start_default I get a CSP violation if Referer Control is active.
Firefox Warning in the site:
> Blockiert von der Inhaltsicherheitsrichtlinie (CSP)
> Beim Verbinden mit idmsa.apple.com trat ein Fehler auf.
> Firefox hat diese Webseite daran gehindert, auf diese Weise geladen zu werden, weil die Webseite eine Inhaltsicherheitsrichtlinie (Content Security Policy) hat, die dies nicht erlaubt.
- by Firefox user 15007067, a year agoRated 1 out of 5It worked okay for a long time but it's broken now. It will stop things from being displayed each new session unless you keep clearing the cache each new session.
- by Firefox user 14705289, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Dev don't give a *** about feedbacks and bug reports !
As he told 2019/03/14: "There is no bug-fix update for Firefox planned at the moment. Perhaps you can use the Chrome extension, which works fine."
This add-on is obviously plain dead.
- by Emily Fluharty (FF add-ons), a year agoRated 1 out of 5Hello.
Thanks for the very useful add-on.
There are 2 bugs in it:
1). After restarting the browser, the "Context Menu entry" option is not saved.
2). After restarting the browser add-on does not work.
Would you please fix these two bugs.
Thank you very much.
Sorry I had to put 1 star. But while the add-on is not suitable for use. After fixing bugs, I will put 5 stars.
I noticed that these errors were reported to you 2 years ago. Please indicate your position on them. If you are not going to correct these errors, then tell us about it, please. Then I will not wait for anything and hope for anything, and I will look for another add-on.
I wish you success and good luck. Thanks again.
- by Sassy-Chan, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5WARNING I only use this for 1 website and other users have been complaining about other issues.
I haven't ran into any issues at all using this addon. It allows me to use multiple websites like Sankaku, Danbooru, and Pixiv while having all the images load for them. As to where before they would break.
Useful addon if you have certain issues with HTTP Referers.
- by Firefox user 14565021, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5This extension works if you want a simple switch to toggle referers on and off on a global level (three clicks to toggle this, including closing the extension settings tab). But the options to set up per-site rules are confusing. There is not a clear feedback as to how the extension is behaving on a given page. It's also not clear if the per-site rules are in effect if the top level "Referer Control Status" is set to Inactive. So if I want to allow all referers everywhere except to/from specific domains... no idea if this is working.
- by Firefox user 14097795, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Time range to clear : choose "Everything",
Details : choose "Cookies" or "Offline Website Data"
Clean and all referer setting are been deleted.
I don't know why the author don't fix this bug. Maybe he don't understand how to fix it. If someone that who know how to do, please told him.
- by thanatos, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Add-on's settings get lost if during a session one opens the add-on preferences in a tab and then -either with this tab still still open or closed- clears cache-etc. data.
If ones clears cache-etc. data without having opened this add-on's preferences during the present session, its settings are sometimes retained, sometimes not (can't pinpoint the exact triggers/conditions, if there are specific ones).
Hence the 2 stars; it's almost useless if almost every time I have to reenter the reference configuration for sites.
When this gets fixed and if there are indeed no longer as others claim calls to google analytics etc, then imo this would be a fine alternative to the old pre-Quantum refererence control add-on, worthy of 5 stars.
Also the bubble-like url field to enter a referer is absent or "minimized" when one first sets a setting for a site. One has to close the add-on preferences tab and reopen it for the referer field to appear and function normally, i.e. in order for one to be able to fill in the url.
PS Firefox 59.0.2 (64-bit) on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
- by Zitronella, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5First, thanks for your extension. I like it really much. But when i close firefox with clearing offline website data and restart firefox it does not work anymore. The entries exist but have no effect (it sends referer) and the deactivated context menu is also reactivated. I have to change something in the entries to make the extension work again.
Please fix it soon. Thx
(you can test it with site https://referer.rustybrick.com/ and site http://www.stardrifter.org/cgi-bin/ref.cgi)
- by The Beard Below My Chin, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5With the new update, the addon no longer makes unnecessary connections to paypalobjects.com, keepa.com, disqus.com at options. Google Analytics was disabled from previous versions. It was never blatant spyware as others have said. It works as good as the defunct RefControl
Developer: Settings by are lost by clear 'offline website data'. localStorage API use in extension is not advised.
- by Firefox user 13800433, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Reproduce all rules lost after clearing all history:
1,click the ctrl+shift+delete, clear all history,
2,click the Referer Control icon enter rules panel.
All rules are gone! Including the configuration!
- by 河马, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5As the previous comment said, connects to google analytics + impossible to block = shouldn't even be on AMO
Awesome in feature, terrible in privacy.An Disqus comments iframe was used on the options page to provide help and get feedback. With the upcoming version 1.30 this is removed and no more external content will be loaded or connections to be made with.
Sorry for any privacy issues this may have caused, it was most certainly not intentional.
- by DontBeEvil666, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5DO NOT INSTALL : SPYWARE EXTENSION
In addition, the extension does not even work properly ; all settings are reset after clearing history.You call it spyware because there is a Disqus comments iframe in the options page? Well, anyhow, this "feature" was used on the options page to provide help and get feedback. With the upcoming version 1.30 this is removed and no more external content will be loaded. Sorry for any privacy issues this may have caused, it was most certainly not intentional.