Rated 4.5 out of 5
4.5 Stars out of 5
- by user14014267, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I have tried everything I can think of for changing the accept-language of Firefox, but it seems to be stuck on en-GB. I've changed the locale of my system to en-US but Firefox still sends out en-GB. I tried your addon to fix it and it still wont change. I will be willing to give higher marks if you can show that your addon is fine and that it's something else.
Yeah your addon is just fine I think. I'm blaming this one on MOZILLA FF. the addon wasn't changing anything in the accept-language field until I changed "en-US,en" to just "en-US"
FF is kinda shoddy like that.
- by Firefox user 13984800, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5It works and I can finally access a specific website in the language I require. I would like an interface which lets me set different locales for different websites.
However, it is sufficient for my rare need to access this website and it helped me a lot. Thank you.
- by Patrick Dark, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Works as advertised in Firefox 53.0 after the author pushed a bug fix. See https://github.com/callahad/quick-accept-language-switcher/issues/4.
Presentation for handling things like "q=0" (disallowed languages), multiple accepted languages, and invalid header strings could be improved, but those issues are merely cosmetic.
- by Valerka, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Firebug still shows Accept-Language
en-US, while I set "fr". FF52. Seemed simple and right tool, but does not work.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoSorry about this -- there was a bug in Firefox 52-54 which broke this add-on. I've implemented a workaround for version 1.1, which has been submitted to AMO for review.
- by dk1001, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works great but question is why are there two values? For example en-US, en?
Developer responseposted 4 years agoThe Accept-Language header accepts a list of possible languages... "en-US, en" is probably superfluous, but something like "en-US, en;q=0.9, fr;q=0.8" would mean "I want American English most, then any other English, but would accept French if English isn't available."
There's more info on MDN at https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/HTTP/Content_negotiation#The_Accept-Language_header
- by ferdie ferdsen, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5...but, as a lazy user, living in 2015, it would be nice to have a selection pulldown to choose from.
Maybe some user editable pre selections, I can choose from...
- by tivac, 6 years agoRated 5 out of 5Does what it says, but a few small tweaks would greatly improve the user experience.
The ability to reset the value back to what it was before I typed something in would be nice. Also an option to refresh the page after changing the value would be hugely helpful!