- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 12795816, a month agoBecause ice-ssb is abandoned on Linux, I searched for alternatives and I found it! This extension works and it feels much better and modern then ice-ssb ever was.
Installation was maybe more complicated then any other add-on, but it was very well guided, so the whole process went without problem.
A very nice suprise is the access to Firefox extensions, settings, about:confing and others from the titlebar. I have never saw a titlebar in Plasma KDE with menus and additional elements! This rocks!
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 18008973, 4 months agoDoesn't work on on MacOS Monterey, at least for me. Ran the terminal script, waited for that to finish, tried installing the additional software, which failed for some reason. Don't know how to undo the terminal script.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Agustín Arguedas, 4 months agoWorks pretty good; however, in Mac OS, I usually use Alfred and/or Spotlight search to navigate through the system.
Generally what I would expect is that if an app is already running, I can use spotlight or Alfred to take me to that running instance right away. That way I can rapidly navigate through the UI. However, with this extension, when I look for the name of my installed app and hit enter, if there's an instance running already, it doesn't care and creates a second instance, which completely breaks my navigation. Small thing, but it would be cool if it could be patched (other apps in system don't create another instance unless we explicitly tell them so, so it would be nice if this could be the case for this SSB solution as well)
Developer responseposted 4 months agoYou can enable this behaviour by setting "When launching a web app that is already opened" to "Focus the existing window" in the app browser settings. If you have problems, please let me know on GitHub.
- Rated 5 out of 5by gedaliyah, 5 months agoThis is my Number 1 missing feature from Firefox, and it works seamlessly with all my web apps that I use for libraries, communication, organization, etc. Thanks!
- Rated 4 out of 5by David Vales, 5 months agoThat add-on is amazing, i really like it, but, the sessions synced log off on installed apps, for example, my icloud session is on in firefox tab, but in the pwa is logged out.
and the firefox sync service is apart for the runtime