- by Olivier Wood, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5at start, i loose a lot of tab, would have rate 1 star.
when you clic on the onetab icon, it store all tab that have been loaded. if you have tab still loading, you loose them.
then why 4 stars ? 2 reasons :
- In settings, you can choose to keep tabs stored when you call them back ! with this, I never have loose tab anymore
- PLEASE please concider an option to store ONLY the current tab when clic on the icon !!!
right now you have to right clic, go in submenu then select send only this tab... realy not conveignent :(((((((((
- by Firefox user 15205572, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5I have a more positive review in the works bc this tab is literally saving my life and making my life way better rn, but ALSO, PLEASE add an option to add a confirmation dialogue BEFORE closing all the tabs. I often press it by accident bc it's next to my other extensions' icons even though I was writing something in the open tabs.
Or, you know, level up amazingly and somehow save what people write in text boxes and restore them when you onetab it.
- by Firefox user 15114170, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Since the recent update, OneTab has stopped working with the Private Mode, even when it's enabled. Please do look into it, it would be really helpful. Thanks.
- by Firefox user 5477101, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5This is one of the most needed and useful addons I use. However, there is no data safety when installing a OneTab update!
This is true:
Don't worry about closing OneTab - you will not lose your stored tabs. Even if you close all tabs and exit your web browser and restart your computer, the tabs you have stored in OneTab will not be lost."
However the contents of OneTab totally disappears each time it is updated. Surely there is a way to fix that problem.
All I can suggest is that instead of autoupdates, do manual, and IF there is a OneTab update, then first export the content, so it can be imported after the update. Do not forget to do so if you do not want your content to disappear.
- by Lucas G. Devescovi, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5It was working ok, but latest version erased all my save tabs.
Luckily as explained by a previous comment, restoring the previous version bring the saved tabs back.
Developer answered, and they fixed it. Read the "About" section for an explanation on how to fix it.
Giving 4 stars now ;)
- by Sidney Young, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Really usefull addon here, with only one big exception. Every now and then (usually when firefox updates), all your saves will be wiped.
Lots of folks have this problem and commented on it without resolution. It is kind of surprise that you need to save your saves to live your life in peace with this software. Given a bug is here for a years now, one would expect it to be finally fixed, but devs are silent and source code is closed.
Since it's the main thing (to my knowing) why this addon is uninstalled, I can easily imagine that this exception can lead to extinction of this extension.
Here are testimonials of other slightly pissed, hissed and by this issue kissed people :
"TL;DR OneTab extension has major bug"
"ppl complain daily on their app reviews that they lost tabs"
"OneTab dev(s) ... have made the user experience uncertain and risky"
"I will never, NEVER use OneTab again!"
"All beware the empty promises of OneTab!"
So please do something about it, for good of all your fans.