- by MacerV, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Bookmarks but a bit quicker. Unresponsive to questions sent through official channels.
Firefox version needs some work; auto-load on startup is slow, and doesn't work in incognito.
- by piecevcake, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5UNRESPONSIVE DEVELOPER, NO REPLY TO EMAILS, NO ISSUES SITE.
NEEDS UPDATES-CONTAINERS, AND RESTORE TABS DISCARDED. SIMPLE FIXES OTHER ADDONS HAVE DONE.
HANGS FIREFOX LOADING GROUPS OF TABS, LOSES CUSTOMISED TAB TITLES AND IF YOU USE CONTAINERS IT IS USELESS.
[A YEAR AGO:] Very useful,
1. NEEDS to restore tabs unloaded - like when close and reopen firefox. Restoring large numbers of tabs hangs firefox for up to half a day, while FF restore session takes a couple of minutes. And loading loses customised tab names before I can reapply them to the tabs (custom tab titles are saved to onetab, but lost when tab is reloaded).
2. Needs to restore tabs in original containers.
3. A backuprestore button taking you to backup location would help. (Have lost it several times. Would also like to be able to access the file to cut/paste items from different profiles onetabs.)
4. would like an issues page. Emailing the ether is not satisfying. Feedback link doesnt work: HTTP ERROR 403 //
Problem accessing /feedbackSubmit. Reason: // Forbidden
- by Firefox user 15410979, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Auf meinem Android Tablet verschwanden beim klicken auf Onetab fast alle meine Tabs ins Nirvana... Verwende Onetab auch am PC dort hatte ich nie Probleme. Also Daumen hoch am PC Daumen runter unter Android.
- by RN, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Just installed this and lost all my tabs, by trying to restore and "one tab" again too quickly, so that not all of the restored tabs were loaded yet. Those that weren't loaded weren't "one tabbed" so I went from 17 to 5 in 1 second ... Can't remember all of them and was researching for an essay, so that sucks (: But I appreciate the idea and hope that the developers can maybe include something like waiting until all tabs are loaded, before allowing a user to use this feature.
- by Firefox user 15324470, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Firefox recommended a "Reset" of the browser, which created a "Old Firefox Data" folder on my desktop containing a backup of all of my profile data — including extension data. I have tried restoring my OneTab extension data (links/URLs) using Firefox's restoration process, but OneTab is the only extension that does not seem to restore its previous data. I have contacted OneTab through their form on their website twice and have not heard back. I would pay for support at this point, but it's unfortunate I am dealing with potential data loss with no answer from the developer. Again, I would compensate the developer to assist in helping my current situation. If I am able to restore the data, I will update my review and increase my rating.
- by Firefox user 15253089, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5It is far better than browsers native bookmark features. However there is quite a bit of resource usage during normal browsing (not when sending tabs to onetab or loading onetab tabs) according to firefox's task manager. It clearly isn't just jotting down URL's when you press the button which is both a privacy and performance concern.
Also if you restore tabs from onetab too fast (and have it set up so tabs are deleted once restored) you lose tabs.
- by HonestReviews, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5update 3-27-21: They never improve this add-on. everything is the same since last review. I disabled it because it slows down browser opening considerably, like for 10-30 seconds. Junk software. Also suspect it is spyware as it interrupts other site loadings. I guess the standards for ffox are pretty low that they list this extension are recommended.
update 12-26-20: really someone needs to put forth something better than one tab. Slows your browser starup considerable, frequently disconnects other sites when starting up. Cumbersome way of backing up url: cut and paste manually. Shows how low Mozilla standards are to make this a "recommended" extension.
update 12-2-20: starts automatically without user input, very annoying-delays page loads and disconnects proxies. have to cut and paste to save the urls, cannot be done with export command alone. Cannot reorganize links, no editing.
update 11-9-20. If you're using a vpn, this is a dangerous add-on. Everytime it loads it disconnects you from the VPN server revealing your IP unless that server has a kill switch which many do not. Not worth the risk. Specifically tested with HOXX vpn. Be careful using this to maker sure it's loaded before you surf with your vPN or your hope IP will be outed.
Update 3-31-20: If I had it to do over I would only rate this at 3 stars. It is VERY annoying when you open ur browser that you have to wait sometimes long time for the auto load and display of this addon. I have not found a way to disable it. Slows down your work while you wait for it to load. keeps popping up in my browser without my input resulting is slowdown of my browsing. works ok except user should have the option of opening it up, should not be automatic like it is now. Update 10-23-20. Dropped to two stars because the program disconnects your vpn connection each time it loads it's page. Security risk.
- by natedawg1013, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5On firefox for android, only saves tabs that are in memory, but clears all tabs. So say you have 100 tabs and only looked at 3 recently. Using OneTab will save those 3, and close the other 97 with no way of getting them back.
Note to developer: only close the tabs you successfully saved. That will fix this problem.
- by Firefox user 15195923, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Aug 8
Does not work in private mode. Ate all my tabs, unrecoverable in normal mode.
FF is 68.0.1 on Windows 7.
Aug 9 - UPDATE
Additional info - there MIGHT be an incompatibility with another addon. During troubleshooting, I found that I also had Auto Tab Discard addon enabled.
I recovered my tabs, disabled that addon and now OneTab seems to be working okay, but it does not recover private mode tabs back into a private window. It restores them to a public window. :-(
At a minimum, private browsing is not working as expected.
And if the 1.29 release was just a repackage of 1.28, why is it a DIFFERENT size than 1.28?
- by Vesperexa, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5I LOVED this extension so much and relied on it for so long, but the recent update cleared all my saved tabs and I don't know how to get them back! Please help
- by Firefox user 15101132, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5The extension is unusable if you try to save a reasonable number of tabs (say, 200-300) at once. When this happens, the extension eats 15 GB RAM and 100% CPU and caused Firefox to become unresponsive forever. After fifteen hours of waiting for the tabs to be closed, I had to kill the browser. After restarting the browser, all the tabs I tried to save were still open. This is not acceptable.
- by Firefox user 15075111, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Это тридцатикратно ебучее говно уничтожило после обновления больше двадцати тысяч моих вкладок.
UPD. Комментарий (на английском) о том, что можно откатить назад я, естественно, не увидел.
- by Firefox user 13497634, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Sorry to burst your bubble Perce-Neige, but OneTab most definitely does lose the tabs. I've been using it for a couple of years, and have gone though multiple crashes with no problems -- until today. Firefox crashed, and when I started it back up OneTab was empty. This is unacceptable! OneTab should make a backup when Firefox closes (not crashes, but closes), and it should NEVER overwrite a file, even if corrupt. Two stars, and looking for a replacement.
- by Firefox user 14115918, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5It works when it wants to. But randomly, even between sessions or reboots, it forgets the 400-odd tabs that had been imported or saved into it. It has done this multiple times on both Chrome AND Firefox, and I will be taking my volatile data elsewhere.
- by syldub, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5It could have been a great addon, because it is quick, nice, and easy... but there are 3 main issues with OneTab :
- Issue #1: All the tab histories are lost. Only the last page is retained. This is certainly the worst of the issues.
- Issue #2: local page like about:addons are well in the OneTab group, but can't be restored.
- Issue #3: If I enable the addon "Open Tab Next To Current", then when I restore the OneTab, all the tab order is reversed.