- by Raymus, 21 days agoRated 5 out of 5Been waiting for years for someone to add this function, since YouTube refuses to do it.
Does exactly what you'd expect it to do, easy and simple.
I only would have preferred to have the toggle button integrated into the YouTube tab rather than the add-on bar, but I'll gladly take it as it is.
- by Zac, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5Thank you, blows my mind this isn't a standard option in youtube. I like throwing on a video or 2 before bed and I don't want a playlist blowing through my data if I fall asleep. Playlists are sometimes mandatory with youtubes abysmal recommended videos (IE on episode 8 but recommends episodes 2, 7, 10 and 35 etc). It's just a lovely toggle-able QoL add on
- by Firefox user 16952958, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5Just stops at the end of the video in Watch Later, just like I wanted! I use Enhancer and it's brilliant but it for some reason only pauses in playlists after moving to the next video, before I had a chance to read the description and comments.
- by andario2007, a year agoRated 5 out of 5The only addon I´ve found which is actually capable of stopping the videos on my Watch Later list. No idea why other much more popular addons such as Enhancer for Youtube cannot manage to do this. Thanks!
- by ZM, a year agoRated 5 out of 5As of Feb 17, 2021 it is working. And it's the only one I've found that does exactly what I need: to stop the watch later playlist from autoadvancing. A lot of others did not work. Thank you.
- by Synetech, a year agoRated 5 out of 5IT WORKS! HALLELUJAH IT WORKS!
The only problem I have with it is that the toolbar icon doesn't make it clear whether it's active or not. It should be more clear, at the least, the tooltip should clarify it.
This is the only addon (and I've tested a lot) that actually blocks YouTube videos from autoplaying the next video in a playlist on the YouTube site itself but doesn't block them from autoplaying in an embedded frame. Thus, it works perfectly to allow watching videos on YouTube without losing your unfinished comment because stupid YouTube autoplayed the next video before you could submit the comment, while also letting you watch videos in an iframe while you work on other stuff. 👍
Of course, how long it'll work is anyone's guess since as I type, Google is probably actively trying to figure out ways to break this and FORCE autoplaying no matter what users want or how inconvenient it is or how much of users' bandwidth it wastes, because they don't actually care if people watch videos, just that the videos run so that ads run so that Google profits. 😒
Until then, thanks a lot T Rich for this addon; I won't have to worry about wasting my time from lost comments due to autoplay for a while. ❤️