- by jupiter2, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thanks for such a quick reply and clarification! Installed and have been using it throughout the day. Amazing experience to be able to bring reddit and HN into my daily browsing so easily.
Review: As you visit sites, this extension will let you know (remarkably fast too) if the visited page has been posted to either Reddit or HN. If so, it will also display the number of comments. It's been fast and accurate. One hidden feature... if an article you find interesting is not showing as posted - you can now confidently post to either/both sites.
For my use case: I have the option that's named [run automatically on page load] toggled off. This way neither HN or reddit are supplied a steady stream of sites I visit. When I visit an interesting article/post, I click on [Check Current Page] to let me know the posting and discussion status, if any.
Really like how this extension has helped personalized the entire web for me. Thanks for creating this!
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHi There, Thanks for leaving a review!
That's a fair statement, to be honest I was lazy and copied the whole thing :( sorry for the confusion.
Anyway, I've just updated both documents to more accurately reflect the extensions behaviour. You can find it here: https://newsit.benwinding.com/privacy_policy.html
Also here's a quick run down on how the extension works.
- There's no dedicated server that this app connects to, it queries the reddit.com and news.ycombinator.com directly.
- This means, I cannot track anyone or even know who's using the extension
- It also means that Reddit and Hacker News can track you, but it's the equivalent of browsing their sites.
Apologies for the confusion and I hope this clears some things up, let me know if there's anything else.
- by grahamperrin, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Bug fixed, thanks.
https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/11/13/webassembly-in-browsers/ for example, there's now a link to https://reddit.com/r/programming/comments/7cqkha/webassembly_support_now_shipping_in_all_major/
Developer responseposted 3 years agoThanks for testing it!
Are there any feature requests you would like? For example:
- Per website rules, (like AdBlockers)
- A little [x] to close the links
- Submit button to easily submit the article to one of the platforms.
Your feedback is much appreciated and we hope to make the platform more useful and less annoying.