- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13603996, 10 days agoI've been using this addon for a while and it has been great! The last 3 weeks it has been asking me which container I want to open Youtube each frickin' time I visit Youtube. I haven't found a solution to this, so this lead me to uninstall the addon.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 11533040, 24 days agoI just can't figure out how to always open a site without a container. "Remember my decision for this site" seems only works for containers, not no container.
- Rated 3 out of 5by raygam, a month agoPlease make it work right ... This is a great idea and would work fabulously if someone finally added the ability to specify ROOT DOMAINS, like *.google.com instead of fighting with the add-on and adding each host a site uses, one by one, by hand. Even Cookie Autodelete can handle this. The last missing piece from this add-on. Could someone FINALLY make it work? ;-(
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15451918, 2 months agoGreat start, but few things that are broken in an annoying way. For example, "Remember my choice for this website" never works if you select the non-highlighted option (no container). Also there's no way to edit or change these defaults once you selected them if you're not a developer and you're not ready to dig in the local storage of debugging the addon view.
- Rated 3 out of 5by MeleMel, 3 months agoIt was working really well, I have multiple MS and AWS logins and I used this to enable multiple login sessions in different tabs. I don't know if MS have changed how the sessions are identified or an update broke it but it no longer works, I'm back to opening everything in private browsing sessions... Boo :(
- Rated 3 out of 5by FireFryk, 4 months agoNot the best... It takes too long to open every time the proper container before open a web page. I wish I could link up every single url to the specific container and make bookmarks of it. So this extension is just half-productive.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15618228, 4 months agoWhat unholy alliance has Mozilla/Firefox entered into that they do not have a Android version?
When they do provide a Android my rating will go to 5. Come on Mozilla, I have 2 two Shiney Gold Stars for you.....
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 16852850, 6 months agoThere are a lot of great things about this extension, but there are a few things wrong with this extension:
1 - Reordering the containers via Manage Container does not reorder the context menu when clicking on a link which you want to open a specific container.
2 - The Ctrl + Shift + # shortcut also does not use the same order, which makes the shortcut after reordering containers totally useless.
3 - Urls with paths cannot be assigned to default containers, making them very hard to use with sites that have the same root, but different authentication per path (which you thus want to open in separate containers).
These issues already exist a long time (and looking at the VPN stuff that is being added instead of fixing these) this extension will probably never work any better..
Which is a shame, because its a killer feature.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Null, 6 months agoI love the idea of this add-on. It is a browser-defining feature that is a big reason why I am a loyal Firefox user.
But, it pains me to write this--Multi-Account Containers is _extremely_ buggy. The add-on crashes constantly (closing all of your container tabs and deleting all your custom containers), sometimes containers are mysteriously duplicated hundreds or thousands of times, sometimes it forgets which sites are assigned to which containers (forcing you to reconfigure them). At one point I had to delete my Firefox account, losing a paid subscription to Mozilla VPN, because MAC had corrupted my sync settings. BTW there are >700 open issues reported on GitHub: https://github.com/mozilla/multi-account-containers/issues.
But--despite being a buggy mess, I still love this add-on for what it does when it works, and for what it could be one day. So I can't give it anything less than 3 stars.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Milor, 7 months agoBuen complemento, aunque parece que una vez que se asocia un "contenedor" a una pagina no hay manera de quitarlo. (Porque no puedo abrir la misma pagina en diferentes contenedores o porque me pide siempre, que lo habrá con el mismo!)
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15208343, 7 months agoThe idea of multi-account containers is great and the context separation between containers works, so far, reliably.
However, two side issues turn out so cumbersome that the gain of clearity and ease this add-on could potentially enable is hardly effective in practice:
(1) If you deal with many dozen open tabs, you may frequently enploy the % shorthand in address bar to quickly find a particular tab. Alas, that shorthand doesn't work across containers, so it gets close to useless unless the searched-for tab resides in the same container with the current tab. In order to search for any other open tab, you (1a) first need to remember its context container, then (1b) find an arbitrary tab belonging to that container, then (1c) perform the tab search there.
(2) Even with the "sort tabs by container" menu item (which has to be invoked manually each time), the visual overview provided by the thin colour marks at tabs is limited. The UI would be much clearer if containers were, or optionally could be, assigned to browser windows, making all tabs in that container appear in the associated window and nowhere else.
This (2) would also help a lot in dealing with (1), as finding a tab belonging to a particular container (1b) would be as easy as finding the corresponding browser window. Given that you typically use much fewer browser windows than tabs, even (1a) is not a big deal anymore as you can perform the tab search once in every browser window (i. e. container).
- Rated 3 out of 5by HiDevs, 7 months agoNo complaints but for the love of God. Can we please have this on android already!
Changing my rating to 3 stars because containers constantly break the User-Agent Switcher and Manager addon. I really thought that issue would have been fixed by now.
Also fighting with this app at root domain level is a nightmare. Doesn't know the difference between Google account 1 and Google account 2.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17262423, 8 months agoSuper utile !
Par contre, ce serait utile de ne pas dépendre de l'appli VPN pour y accéder via les container. On est obligé d'activer l'appli, donc d'être sous VPN, mais certains sites les bloquent, donc on doit désactiver l'appli, et on perd le VPN sur tous les container pour au final un seul onglet !
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17233017, 8 months agoGood extension, needs a lot of updates, unfortunately you're not updating much.
* Pallet of colors - rather than having only limited colors.
* Make some other extensions work with containers.
* Have exact links open in certain container - eg I want google sheet A to open in container A, but google sheet B to open in container B.
* Pick home page and extensions for each container
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17251433, 8 months agoNot ready for prime time.
My biggest problem is the Fidelity web site. The URLs for the site take the form of .fidelity.com. I can't enter "fidelity.com" for a container and can't edit a site in the site list for a container.
This is a deal breaker. If I can't use this feature for a financial site where my need for security is greatest, then I'm not sure how it helps.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Cris, 9 months agoGreat idea in principle. But it is extremely annoying that it deletes configured containers so often. Notably - it does this if you disable and re-enable the extension. With no warning! It's a cardinal rule not to delete user data without at least one layer of warning.