- by Firefox user 14495848, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Too bad the functionality was removed from Firefox. This plugin seems to be a good replacement. The only thing I miss so far is a read/unread indicator for each news.
- by Martijn Donath, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5After the initial shock of having Live Bookmarks removed from Firefox (oh nooooo!) I was extremely happy to find this little add-on which replaces the original functionality in exactly the way I already liked it. Well, maybe the read/unread indicator is missing, that would be even better.
- by JD, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Mostly works as expected and is a suitable replacement for the FF live bookmarks. But synchronization between multiple FF instances still doesn't work (with v1.10) - it also didn't with 1.8 and as I've seen, the sync feature has been removed in the meantime (I think with 1.9). It should be possible to use FF sync for add-ons and their settings, right?
- by Miles-Prower, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5A much-needed add-on since Mozilla decided to openly kill RSS support (and weirdly advertises Pocket as a pseudo-alternative in its help pages).
Setting it up is a bit rough as of now but works. Sync across multiple devices however causes a few issues - for instance the other devices do see the new folder bookmarks, but do not understand they're Livemarks out of the box.
- by Firefox user 14381320, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Add-on working great so far. However, I am running into trouble importing my Youtube channel XML feeds. This used to work with live bookmarks using the URL: 'https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=CHANNELID" . It looks to me like the Youtube XML fomat is not readable in Livemarks. Does anyone know a workaround?
- by Bim, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Thanks for the great addon!
Just what I wanted: Adds an icon to the adress bar when a RSS/ATOM feed is available for the website you're on. Click to add a live feed bookmark. The addon regularly updates those bookmarks, just like Firefox does/did. If now the bookmarks had the correct favicon I'd give it 5 stars, but that's an API-problem atm afaik...
- by Firefox user 14207240, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Thank you for this Add-on. I'm gonna need it when Mozilla turns off the dynamic bookmarks. But I've found some differences. Perhaps there is a way to integrate the following points.
- Dynamic bookmarks of Firefox show more entries (if available). I tried it with the feed of orf.at (Austrias most popular news site)
- When I have read a bookmark the icon changes. That's very useful.
- The description field is automatically filled in the dynamic bookmarks (irrelevant but just saying)
Btw. if you need a translator for German I can help you.
- by MonkPredator04, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Really useful, reminds me of Liveclick (http://pzlc.protej.com/liveclick/home/) a lot. There are some features that Firefox might allow permissions for in the future that will help this extension to be even better but I am already very, very glad this exists!
- by Firefox user 13443635, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Looks like the best replacement for Live Bookmarks that I've seen so far. The only major problem is that it is missing the ability to distinguish read items, which is something the author acknowledges; however, I have no idea if this is even possible with the current WebExtension APIs. I will hope for the future I guess.