- by Firefox user 12797025, 9 months agoRated 3 out of 5Works as intended, but ended up disabling it when I discovered it is the reason that Firefox is never idling. So I have many tabs, and this plugin is always keeping 10% of the CPU busy (2 processes at 5% each). Disabling the plugin makes the problem go away. My version is 1.0.7.
The workaround mentioned in the FAQ did not work: count only active tabs setting did not make a difference for me.
The reason mentioned in the FAQ for this behaviour is:
> LeechBlock reviews all open tabs every second, to keep track of how much time is spent on the sites listed in your block sets and to determine whether any sites should now be blocked.
I do not need this "feature", I just want to disable access to certain websites from 9 to 5. Since I can't disable the feature, I had to disable the addon and search for a simple one.
- by Texas Matt, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5Just when you thought there was no paradox in leech blocking to be found, Prof. James Anderson displays a thorough "analysis of its character, presence, and epistemic status" for the interwebs! Well done...
- by Sekoia, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5It works almost perfectly. I hate it. Uuuuuugh, guess I'll go back to work. Anyway, it's 4 instead of 5, because the temporary unblocking feature doesn't seem to work. The icon is yellow and everything, but the websites aren't unblocked.
Edit: see developer response, it was user error.
- by Firefox user 14740755, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5Set a timeout and block sites for a duration, then refresh the time limit. Plus tons of customization for every combination of limit - limit during a set time of day, or set limits /except/ during a set time of day. There are even thoughtful and creative options for making websites unpleasant to use to wean off of bad habits without going fully blocked. Everything I could ask for plus gave me some new ideas for how to manage my time and break my bad habits. I'm fully impressed.
- by KARTHIK YELCHURU, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5Solves the the distraction problem I persistently face. Auto save addition would be good.
Developer responseposted 10 months agoThanks for the review. I'd like to hear more about what you mean by "auto save". Perhaps post something to the suggestions forum? https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/leechblock/leechblock-forums-f1/