- Rated 3 out of 5by heheich, 5 days agoHello. In the "Connected Databases" menu, I try to delete them, but they are not deleted. If they can't be deleted, what is the Delete button for? I click on it but nothing happens
Something I'm afraid for the safety of my data, my databases do not remain with anyone if they cannot be deleted?
- Rated 5 out of 5by Kelson, 14 days agoKeePass lets you keep your own password vault on your own system, or sync using the service of your choice.
The browser extension takes a little effort to connect it to your desktop app the first time, but from that point on it mostly does its job and stays out of your way, detecting login forms and adding a button to fill in credentials you've stored with that URL in KeePassXC (When you have the desktop app open and the database unlocked).
Tips on matching websites to password entries:
1. General URLs will match better, like example.com instead of example.com/login?fromSignIn=true.
2. You can associate extra websites that use the same account by putting them in extra fields named KP2A_URL, KP2A_URL2, etc. in the desktop application. (Conveniently, these are the same fields KeePass2Android uses.)
- Rated 3 out of 5by Brad, a month agoRough around the edges. While largely functional, I routinely run into these two problems.
1) Firefox often reports that this extension is slowing down my browser and gives me a button to stop it (my browser feels locked up for 5-10 seconds when this occurs.)
2) Sometimes the extension auto fills on the browser, and sometimes I get this little red question mark on the extension icon, I have to click on that, then select it to auto form fill. I can't figure out why this happens or how to disable it.
The good news is that the entire system is great for working with yubikeys, which I love for serverless password store security.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15166984, 2 months agoEvery day I get "Key exchange not successful" which forces me to restart the PC to get it working but apart from that, great tool.
I just keep the Keepass app open now and no more issues. The database locks with Windows.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoJust using the Reload button from extension popup should do it, and reconnect to KeePassXC if it's started after the browser. There should be no need to restart the whole PC.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17416689, 3 months agoWith respect to functionality the add-on works generally very well. Unfortunately, even with newest versions of Firefox, listing open port connections still shows several open connections from the keepassxc-proxy add-on to sites like googleusercontent.com, cloudfront.net, amazonaws.com and akamaitechnologies.com. Developers claim that this is a bug in Firefox beyond their control, however, the open ports are reported specifically for the keepassxc-proxy process, not for the parent firefox process. This behaviour is not particularly trust inducing.This is not the first time this issue is mentioned. And still, it is a Firefox issue. Native Messaging launches a child process from the browser, and for some reason Firefox also copies the socket handles to the child process. Because of this the proxy shows connections to locations it doesn't have an access to. Some of the handles can be connections that are already terminated. The only thing the proxy does is listening for stdin and connecting to a local Unix socket by KeePassXC. Anyone can take a look at the source code and verify this, or compile a build manually where the problem still exists.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Luciano Taurino, 3 months agovery useful extension, works perfectly on every Operating System allowing a smooth browsing keeping safe my passwords
unfortunately, it doesn't works on Firefox snap version (nowadays snap is default on Ubuntu)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Ankit, 3 months agoThe extension should be able to detect urls even if the database is locked. When it detects it should ask the user to unlock the database to fill the username and password. Currently I have to unlock the database even for matching the urls.
Some of the website it doesn't detect username or password fieldsIt does detect URL's even when database is locked. If you click the username icon on the login field, KeePassXC will come front and asks you to unlock. After that a credential fill is done automatically. This applies if default settings are used.