Reviews for Mate Translate – translator, dictionary
Mate Translate – translator, dictionary by Gikken UG
- Rated 3 out of 5by Иван, 6 years agoсегодня, 22.08, примерно в 11 утра по мск плагин работать перестал - показывает серый прямоугольник, перевод внутри него не появляется.
- Rated 3 out of 5by ThePCMedicInIA, 6 years agoI had to disable this add-on due to the fac t that whenever I highlighted anything on a webpage, it thought it was supposed to translate it and it would open up a dialog window. I found this incredibly frustrating. Maybe you should make it so it is activated through the context menu instead. I would REALLY like to have a translation module I can use instead of Google Translate
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12830076, 6 years agoThis is not bad but has its quirks. I still have not found the perfect addon for my needs - a quick and lean in-line translator. This one works pretty well in terms of translation and the way the pop-up looks. I also really like that synonyms in the translated language are provided.
However, the implementation seems to be a bit intrusive. This addon sets cookies from Yandex.ru although I have deactivated the "ad-ware part" of it, which leaves an odd feeling about using this add-on. Also, perhaps because of my Firefox/Cookie configuration I am shown the introduction window every time I start Firefox. What's more, the translation of the UI has some errors (in German at least). Not a big problem but as this is a tool for translation, I wanted to mention it.
- Rated 3 out of 5by X1011, 6 years agoonly translates the 1st paragraph of text i select. no option to translate entire pages.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Crab De Sass, 6 years agoI'm leaving three stars at least as this is a great extension, and I've found it to be reliably accurate as far as free online translators go. Not as good as accurately learning the language yourself, but much more accessible.
That said, as of Firefox 49, this extension no longer works. I wouldn't know why, it's there in the plugin bar, you can put text in it and change languages, but it never translates. I've also just confirmed this is still the case with the recent update FF50.
As I've said, great extension if you need quick translations online, but for now you're going to have to downgrade to Firefox 48 and stick with it (and deal with Firefox chewing you out several times a day for not updating).
- Rated 3 out of 5by SUB, 7 years agoНе работают попапы и хоткеи.
Выделяю, нажимаю хоткей, попап не появляется. На некоторых сайтах работает, на многих - нет.
Developer responseposted 7 years agoПосмотрите, пожалуйста, версию 2.9.100. В ней была исправлена Ваша проблема.