- by revija, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Have not idea how, but it leaks my location via some video players - while other VPN do the job, with this one I often get "Not possible in your location" - and this happens only with video on some (not all) resources.
- by Firefox user 12908490, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Hoxx does a good job as a Free VPN. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Only issue is that it has pay servers known as a premium service. The public service doesn't seem to work with video sites as well, but I didn't pay for anything. I was able to see video in free server countries without issue with one asterisk which is you may have to lower the connection speed to get better signal with no buffering, but that also happened on a trial with another VPN service I tried to compare. Because Mexico, which was in the public area failed to play video of a site, Azteca TV, I was trying, I didn't give it all 5 stars. I guess they want me to pay even though it did connect to the server. I only use the free servers and everything works great. But for Mexico I had to install Hola VPN otherwise I was forced to pay for the other service I was on trial with which was Vyper VPN. But get this people, one group of channels, Televisa, out of Mexico would not work with Hola nor Vyper. So sometimes things fail. But for hiding IP Hoxx is great. Using a IP lookup site IP8, it did route me to the countries I chose while with some South American nations on Hola VPN I got routed to Europe. But Hoxx is decent for what it is worth. Saved me from paying for a VPN service. Also I don't recall my password but I will have to get that straightened out but for now it is logged in 24/7. Probably why I forgot the password since I never use it.
Update: No longer works with BBC IPlayer in May 2019 and I wanted to check into elections and news channel. Logged into BBC account and did all the usual stuff and now video will not play. Says I am not in the correct region. I was using Hoxx to see channels in the UK and in Mexico. As of today it once worked but now not so much. Now it did send me to a GB IP because YouTube says YouTube GB. I am in The US. But with Canada the IP it gives you is actually in New York state. But I have not tried it again to see if it works better. What I get on the IPlayer is BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues. So what this means is that it no longer works with the site. But Hola VPN and other Free VPNs quit working as well with IPlayer for free. So I guess you must pay. Hoxx is supposedly with a premium service and I don't trust it. Hola too was making me pay to unblock IPlayer and rival ITV. I don't however know if paying for Hoxx will unblock the site, but Hola says you must now pay to see IPlayer. I would do better with another VPN if you must pay than free Hoxx and rival Hola. Used to use VyprVPN and it worked fine, but it is only a 3 day trial. I would love to not have to pay. Betternet is another VPN that requires pay to switch IP to different countries, but free just to hide IP with a generic IP it chooses. So if your not picky and need a specific site unblocked or need a particular region unblocked then free ones work. So with that in mind my ratings went from 4 stars to 2 stars.
- by Firefox user 13715191, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5every time I open firefox I have to sign into hoxx vpn and this is a hassle for me, I can't change the password so I have to look up the 1 I was assigned so I don't use it anymore. When I open Opera the vpn is already on, much easier to use
- by Firefox user 13553081, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Works unstable. Sometimes can't open a page just after country choosing. Sometimes opens, but can't do the same after 5-10 minutes.
Reconnection doesn't work almost every time.
- by NubbyMcNubNub, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5I have no idea why but my REGULAR, NON-VPN speed slows down to a crawl when this extension is enabled. It's been happening for a few days till I narrowed it down to this extension. Hoxx was working great otherwise so far.
- by Firefox user 13587221, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Not bad vpn, but not comfy without displaying how many traffic limit do we have, in order not to be blocked for 24 hours at the most inappropriate moment.
- by Ebz01, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Fine until it wasn't compatible anymore. It was annoying to uninstall. It's not compatible with Firefox. After I tried to remove it from Firefox it just kept popping up asking for me to login as if it was still installed. I couldn't do anything because it kept asking me to login when again it was supposed to be installed anymore. I had to refresh my firefox without addons for it to stop popping up but that also erased my other add-ons.