- Rated 4 out of 5by tsimehcla, 3 years agoA lot of convenient functions, a lot of settings! This is a very good FF add-on
It would be perfect for me, but despite the many settings - it looks very rough.
What I didn't like:
Each group must be configured separately. Author, please make it possible to create a template for new groups or an editor for the view of several / all groups. When working with multiple groups, it becomes very slow (((
When you drag and drop tabs, a menu appears that allows you to do anything but merge tabs into a group (or move them to a group on the thumbnail).
The group string has no separators if you use a solid background it looks bad.
P.S. I still use another extension, but I really hope that someday I will return to this addon and be able to use it with joy. (the PRO version of course)
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHello,
Thank you for the feedback.
I like the idea with the "default group", I've created issue for it here:
Regarding the merging tabs - what exactly do you mean? Could please write me more details? There is plan to support tree-like structure for groups:
Regarding "group string has no separators" - what do you mean? Please write me to my support email.
Thanks again and have a nice week :)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Премьер Министр, 4 years agoПерешел со старой версии на новую в апреле 2020года из-за диалов не переходил. Все нормально импортировал со старых диалов. Единственное, что не нравится - открывается не "моя новая вкладка" а диалы!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13491469, 4 years agoFantastic add on up till now. I now have a problem when I signed in, I can not go back to Return to extension. Only cloud is working.Hello,
Please contact me to my support email with details. If there is any error shown on the dials page, please include them. You can also send me email through dials page / Advanced / Send error logs.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 12663845, 4 years agoGreat addon. I've been looking for a good speed dial addon quite a while and been testing many. This one is my fav so far.
+ Most important: privacy is respected. The addon doesn't track usage nor does it send info about website usage to third-party services what is a must for such a tool.
+ The author tries to use as little rights as needed to make the addon work and he clearly explains the rights in the addon's description.
+ Thumbnails are loaded locally, it's even possible to use local graphic/logo files, i.e. no online connection needed.
- Cutomising the look and feel, in particular size, of the dials is not yet possible
- Creating thumbnails from public library often doesn't show results. Maybe another service could be used here (like e.g. https://logo.clearbit.com)Hello,
Thank you for the feedback!
The service for thumbnails you mentioned is amazing! I will totally integrate that in near future! If you know more good services like this, please let me know!
Thanks again and have a nice weekend :)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14713373, 4 years agoI don’t know who is to blame, but now with Update 71 for Firefox, the page with Speeddial began to open with a delay of several seconds. Fix it if possibleHello,
I haven't released new version so this must be Firefox related.
Things you could try:
1) restart whole PC
2) reinstall my extension. But first make backup - export your dials and thumbnails from Options page / Import backup tab. Then uninstall, restart Firefox, install back.
3) If that won't help, you can use Firefox reset to fix your Firefox profile:
Resetting profile will preserve your passwords, bookmarks and other important things (but not add-ons data, so make sure to have backup).
Before resetting your profile I would suggest you to setup Firefox Sync. - this will backup the list of installed add-ons and after reset it will reinstall them.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15091698, 4 years agoSo far so good. There are lots of options and at this moment have no time check all of them. Good job.
Update - Oh yes Juraj you had a very good idea developing this plugin. At first I thought, well, I'll give a try thinking I already have lots of bookmarks and this might be redundant. No it is not redundant at all. In fact it is much more powerful and easy to maintain and use than the native Bookmarks.
I dropped one star cause things are complicating. Maybe there are too many options or the whole thing is getting crowded and confused. Caveat emptor Juraj. A cute baby may be turn a monster.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Lecron, 5 years agoIn the built-in task manager, the extension is always at the very top of the consumption line. With a noticeable difference from other extensions. He is doing something non-stop. Also, the preview cropping mechanism is very inconvenient.
The rest are no comments. Worthy. Strong 4.Hello,
The consumption sounds strange, could you give me more details? When I check "about:performance", I can see the "Energy Impact" as Low(0.35), which is higher than others but still pretty low (single Spotify tab not playing any music has Medium (6.05)).
But memory wise it should be pretty good - right now it shows only 3.2MB.
Regarding the "preview cropping mechanism", I'm opened to suggestions :). Please contact me to my support e-mail.
I'm always to receive a feedback.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15090216, 5 years agoAmazing first impression, however please consider adding shared groups like workona.com what I mean is that we need to share specific groups only, with other people! And in case I made a change, their tap group should update automatically. This is actually important for me. Thanks Juraj Mäsiar!!Hello,
I'm working on groups sharing feature right now. It should be part of the next release 14.0, probably in next few weeks (it's not an easy thing to do, especially for single developer). Also it will be paid feature as I'm running out of money and donations won't even cover my running costs.
Part of the the Pro version will be also real-time synchronization so your changes will be applied to all your devices and shared users instantly.
All existing features will stay free.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15056351, 5 years agoПосле обновления Firefox до версии 67 пропали все настройки Speed Dial, помогите восстановить все настройки и данные, спасибоHello,
Please contact me to my support e-mail if you need assistance with data recovery. There are ways to recover your data even without backup or cloud account.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13302799, 5 years agoYou're my hero, finally I can ditch Firefox 56 which I kept just for the "Speed Dial by Josep del Rio" add-on.
Donation has been sent!
Edit after response: Cool, thanks for the quick reply!
I didn't check the "Edit Dial" settings yesterday, they have everything I need (and more). Cool stuff!
Then I just have to wait for the new reload method for the sites that don't work (i.e. Outlook Webmail or Fastmail).Hello,
Thank you for supporting my work!
Regarding "Sync every X minutes" - you mean auto-reload every x minutes? Because it's already there.
Regarding crop and offset - this is already there, see the Edit dial window.
If you are missing more stuff, let me know to my support e-mail.
Thank you again for the donation!