- by Koyae, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Sadly, this fails to work for me on Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS.
After installing chrome-gnome-shell 10-1 via apt-get, this extension indicates that it cannot find the native host connector on extensions.gnome.org under Firefox Quantum 66.0.3, stating "Although GNOME Shell integration extension is running, native host connector is not detected. Refer documentation for instructions about installing connector."
The sister extension ( https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gnome-shell-integration/gphhapmejobijbbhgpjhcjognlahblep?hl=en also version 10.1) works fine under the official Chromium build 73.0.3683.86.
Both browsers were installed using Ubuntu Software Center.
Happy to change rating if this can be resolved.
- by Peter Kehl, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5This works. However, don't use it if you install a similar one for Chrome/Chromium, and you enable synchronization of GNOME extensions in Chrome/Chromium (as per https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/04/sync-gnome-shell-extensions-google-chrome). When I used both, then GNOME integration for Firefox uninstalled GNOME extensions that I had installed in Chrome.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoThat is expected.
Firefox extension is using Firefox sync, Chrome extension is using your Google account. There is no connection between 2 sync accounts.
What did you expected?
- by Firefox user 13659189, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5may i ask for a guide on how to run this on ubuntu 16.04 ?
Developer responseposted 3 years agoFeel free to open new issue at  or at  and I will try to help you.
- by Jacques shellac, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5The backend requirements (copr dnf repo and ineptly named chrome-gnome-shell) could be made more clear on extensions.gnome.org. Works fine once you waste 20 minutes trying to figure out all of the manual dependencies. Grumble grumble.You may not waste your time, but go ahead  and improve opensource  website.
- by Firefox user 12912696, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5not sure how to reply, but that link you sent is for google chrome, not for firefox :(Hello.
You do not have native connector installed.
Please read documentation 
This link for ALL supported browsers - Firefox, Chrome, Vivaldi and Opera
- by Firefox user 12875220, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Unfortunately not working on both of my Ubuntu machines (both running Firefox 52 and Ubuntu 16.10).
"Attempt to postMessage on disconnected port"
I have chrome-gnome-shell installed as per the instructions.Follow this instructions  and post output.
Preferably post output at .