- Rated 3 out of 5by Hp93, 6 years agoI'm using high-end PC but still Firefox is much slower when running with this addon. Have to look for alternative.
- Rated 3 out of 5by frostbyte, 6 years agoI've been using it for years. Lately, it has become a bit less vital, because I also make use of noscript, but It never hurts to have an extra sentinel. Except for this UGLY popup count that was added recently. Not as bad as a flashy ad, but annoying nevertheless. There is no need for it, since the count already appears on the toolbar icon! So please remove it again or give the user an option to suppress it.
- Excellent, my experience is far much better and my download are more focused not do I have unnecessary pop-up adverts.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Darren Chaker, 6 years agoGhostery is a decent product for the novice user who wants basic privacy. I would add other options to the extension, but then it may not be free any more when it provides options. But free is free and is not a bad extension.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12539815, 6 years agoWell ghostery, I see that you have gone back to deleting reviews about people having real problems with your addon. I thought this was solved a couple of months ago. Most of these negative reviews are people having real problems with your addon (like me) and some have written into your tech support for help (like me) and may or may not have got help for there problems. I've worked in a highly technical field for many years and this type of practice that business do just to get better rating gets me upset. If you want better ratings, try fixing the problems you have with you product. I've been keeping a daily eye out on people writing reviews for your product on this site or others sites, and I notice that a lot of these customers were using older versions of ghostery, with little or no complaints, until they switch to ghostery v7. Some of these complaints were new customer using ghostery v7 for the first time and had problems right away. These people are real customers, not statistics on some web site. Communicate with them!!! Work with them!!! Just don't ignore them and delete them!!! I've been a long time ghostery user with no complaints about ghostery until ghostery v7 came out. Like it or not, ghostery v7 has problems, that many people writing these reviews have told you. STOP IGNORING PEOPLE AND FIX YOUR PRODUCT. Because I thought ghostery before version 7 was good, I will give you three stars.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12691466, 6 years agoWas working great until most recent update. Now checking and unchecking a box runs the risk of crashing your browser, even though the box is selected for "blocking new trackers" it still allows trackers, and overall it has been slowing down my browser's performance.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Frédéric Jeanbart, 7 years agoHello, this looks very promising, but 1st I'd need some answers... A previous review said that your browser based configuration program uses fonts.googleapis.com, and by doing so provides Google the IP address of every user using your software. Is it still the case ? Also, why do we need to connect to your Web services so as do configure the module?