- by Firefox user 15326508, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Ghostery adds a really annoying and useless purple dot to every page. This can't be deactivated on MOBILE Firefox App! The solution that is posted here is only working on desktop.
- by Firefox user 15200961, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Works cool for ads, but the problem arises when, after a 5-10 mins of only watching video clip, this plugin raises ram memory to 2.80GB and without it I have total RAM usage at 1.44
- by Firefox user 14190035, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Why the setting page pop-up when I open my firefox? How can I close this feature? I'll rate 5 stars after I done this problem.
- by Firefox user 14761615, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5It's buggy, crashes/slows things down, but what I dislike the most is its complete lack of support for customization. Really, if I can't make adjustments (without basically hacking it that is) then I don't want it.Hi, Ghostery is constantly improving, would you mind sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions, concerns, and feedback so we can look into this? Thanks!
- by Firefox user 14656853, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5I find it irritating that an ad blocker is showing me an ad for ghostery plus every time I open firefox. I acknowledge the existence of ghostery plus, I do not wish to have it, can you stop spamming me?
- by Firefox user 14603670, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Really nice approach! Thanks for this! Unfortunately it slows down Firefox quite heavy so it's barely usable in combination. Loading time of pages is doubled or more as well as smooth scrolling isn't possible on loaded pages.
- by Firefox user 13656128, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5Ghostery has started to hide reCaptcha check boxes. Other than that, it seemed to work nicely, but that changed it from nice to annoying, especially since you won't even know that there's one that's supposed to be there to be checked! Deleted.
UPDATE: Ghostery said the problem was fixed. It has lessened, but it is not fixed. Too bad they don't know how to do a whitelist. Deleted again.
- by Firefox user 13705186, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Alors je veux bien que Ghostery ne collecte pas nos données, mais c'est quoi la politique de confidentialité, celle sur la page de l'addon est datée de 2013 ???Hola, aquí hay un enlace a nuestra Política de privacidad a partir del 25 de mayo de 2018: https://www.ghostery.com/about-ghostery/browser-extension-privacy-policy/
Somos de código abierto y podemos verlos en GitHub, aquí: https://github.com/ghostery/ghostery-extension
No registramos información confidencial, registramos el historial de navegación ni divulgamos datos de usuarios. Tenga en cuenta que a pesar de que el aviso es nuevo cuando se actualiza Ghostery, Ghostery no está introduciendo ningún permiso nuevo con la actualización. Puede leer sobre esto con mayor detalle en nuestra página de preguntas frecuentes, aquí: https://www.ghostery.com/faqs/why-am-i-being-prompted-to-approve-an-update-from-ghostery/
- by Firefox user 14459346, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5With the new update ghostery, now need "access to your data for all websites." It was one of the best applications for protecting personal data. Very sad, I dont want to look for other addon, it’s good that there is an possibility not to updateHi, there, in order for Ghostery to block trackers and ads, it needs to be able to detect and take action on elements of a web page as you browse. We do not record sensitive information, record browsing history, or disclose user data. Note that despite the prompt being new, Ghostery is not introducing any new permissions with the update. You can read about this in greater detail on our FAQ page, here: https://www.ghostery.com/faqs/why-am-i-being-prompted-to-approve-an-update-from-ghostery/
- by Firefox user 14458892, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Like so many other users within the last few days I have removed Ghostery for wanting to "access all data". I don't believe that it should be allowed to do that at all and seems extremely intrusive. Thank you for the time i've been with you but I shall now be using a different app that doesn't feel the need to see all of my passwords.Hi, there, in order for Ghostery to block trackers and ads, it needs to be able to detect and take action on elements of a web page as you browse. We do not record sensitive information, record browsing history, or disclose user data. Note that despite the prompt being new, Ghostery is not introducing any new permissions with the update. You can read about this in greater detail on our FAQ page, here: https://www.ghostery.com/faqs/why-am-i-being-prompted-to-approve-an-update-from-ghostery/