- by Xavier Haenen, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Last update removed my proxies and trying to import an old save export file doesn't work????
In the old version you could choose socks and now not more?
When will you fix this?
- by took, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5This is crazy! All the previous settings are gone, and even worse, the new version does not work at all!! It also has so few options/functions that it is not possible to set up the proxy and patterns as in the old version.
- by noisegate95, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5With no warning, all my proxies are deleted - with one simple behind the scenes and silent update. Now I have to go find my backup, grab the xml, restore the older version, and restore the file. Just what I feel like doing on a Monday morning, at work.
No way to import as the button does nothing.
Working with Firefox, and all its extensions, if just getting too damn difficult anymore.
- by Firefox user 13272340, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Разрабы одним махом запоганили замечательное предложение которое исправно работало много лет.
Хотя бы предупредили что будут удалены все прокси. Как их сейчас восстановить? Как?
- by Firefox user 13271832, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5My main request = force "no proxy" as greyed out in standard Firefox settings (blocked by my company). Does not work any more in 5.0.0 as many features were removed. Sad!
Update after reply from the developer: sadly it doesn't work anymore. With previous versions, I was able to "bypass" the proxy hardcoded in Firefox by my company, and that doesn't work with FoxyProxy v5 as it used to in v4.x. I rolled back to v4.x for now, hoping that this issue will be solved before Firefox v57. Thanks for you reply anyway!
Developer responseposted 4 years agoPlease revert to the old version by:
1. Uninstall the version you have now (type about:addons in the address type and remove FoxyProxy)
2. Install the one version from here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/foxyproxy-standard/versions/ you want version 4.6.5
3. Your old settings will magically reappear
This is a temporary solution--that older version will only work until November 2017 when Firefox 57 comes out. But long before that time, the new version will have evolved with more features. Note that some features are not possible anymore due to Firefox's new addon ecosystem called WebExtensions. They are much more restricted than older addons (pre Firefox-57)