Review by DrF33L600D
Rated 4 out of 5by DrF33L600D, 3 years ago
Copied Review/Same Issue and Solution. I had to go to the trouble shoot page of EdgeDeflector on github to get this to work properly. THE FIX: going to the settings page 'Choose default apps by protocol' and setting MICROSOFT-EDGE to EdgeDeflector. Basically just checking to make sure what needs to be default it recognized as the default by windows.
- Rated 2 out of 5by criticabug, a year agoThis extension merely replaces all Bing search URLs with Google or other search URLs. It's not for people who want to use Bing too. I feel it's odd to mention Cortana without the ability to redirect Windows searches to Firefox. I use MSEdgeRedirect instead.
- Rated 1 out of 5by ukmerlin, a year agoHas yet to redirect any windows searches, everything going to Bing on Edge.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 12791446, a year agoRecently saw EdgeDeflector featured in a linus tech tips video, and learned about this additional extension through that. This extension works perfectly in tandem with edge deflector, as of windows build 19043.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Max, a year agoPerfect experience! I was really annoyed that Microsoft forces user to use Edge as a browser and Bing as a search engine for Cortana and Windows search. So a big thank you to the developers of this add-on and EdgeDeflector, you did great!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Eman, a year agoCreated an account just to give this 5 stars. would give 20 if I could. Solved a long time problem of mine.