Rated 4 out of 5
4 Stars out of 5
- by allan999, 9 months agoRated 3 out of 5does not suspend currently active tab :(
no toolbar icon visibleHello and thanks for review!
Code related with icon in toolbar is temporarily removed.
New icon in toolbar will come with useful fast access popup menu.
It is not bug, i just want to make that best I can without hurry.
Currently suspending active tab is not allowed. A lot of people said me that the way how it works is annoying so in near future you can expect changes in way how it works.
- by Firefox user 13230387, 9 months agoRated 3 out of 5It's great when it works, but it stopped working awhile ago for me.Hello!
Thanks for review, if you have problems with extension you can send me email with more informations (eg. what exactly stop working).
So sorry for any problems that you have, extension is still in beta so not always everything works.
- by Stranger46, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5Works great, simple and easy to use.
FYI, you can not suspend a tab that you are looking at (active page).
Also if you see that some sites do not suspend, check the options, by default pined tabs, audio playing tabs are not suspendable, you need to uncheck this in options.
Thanks and Good job Piotr!
- by Firefox user 15210701, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5This is what I was looking for. There are other tab suspenders for Firefox, but this one is the best for me as it keeps the suspended/hibernated tabs frozen as I click on them. This feature was what i was missing from TGS over at Chrome.
As a little advice for the developer, you could make that as a tickbox option. And possibly make the suspended tab page a little more pretty (use that space to your advantage). Also, a little request, is it possible to make that page dark? (would be AMASING!)Hello and thanks for review!
A moment ago I released new version of addon that contain simple dark mode!
There also some more new features!
- by Firefox user 15204111, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5I'm lovng this add-on and it has made Firefox usable again for me. As others have noted, it's very comparable to The Great Suspender. I wanted to request a feature if it is not yet already in the works. My favorite feature of TGS is that when it suspended a Youtube video it would save the timestamp in the URL. Though maybe some of my privacy add-ons are interfering with this somehow.
Developer responseposted 10 months agoHello and thanks for your review!
I think that feature which you mentioned could be very useful!
I will add this feature to task list.
- by tricky2k, 10 months agoRated 3 out of 5Using FF68.0.1 in spanish, the addon's behavior is quite random. I still couldn't manage to find the "suspend other tabs" or the "right/left" features, and a whietelist should be a must. Still, 3 stars because the automatic suspending works as it should
Developer responseposted 10 months agoHello, thanks for review!
Options related to manual suspending are available when you click on tab with right button of mouse.
If you will still have problems, feel free to send me e-mail!
Whitelist will be added in future.
- by Firefox user 14782498, a year agoRated 4 out of 5thx for the hardwork
one suggestion: how about add feature to auto reload when viewing tab in suspensionHello!
Thanks for your review! Feature that you mentioned is in plans, but first I need to fix bugs related with auto-suspending and write some code tests!
- by Firefox user 15084573, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Seemingly does what should. Would love to have a "dark mode" option for the suspended tab screen though. As it it, it's a bit blinding every time I go to open a suspended tab.
- by topbob, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Has potential, but when I found it doesn't auto-reload tabs on re-opening them, I removed it, but it had unloaded those tabs already and lost the URL, so I had to manually search to find the sites I had open.Hello topbob!
Thanks for review and reporting issue!
There is still some problems and bugs on which I work.
Extension is still in experimental state!
- by Firefox user 15043832, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Seems to work perfectly fine. I'd like to suggest something that would be massively beneficial, and that "The great suspender" has as a feature: The ability to load the page as soon as you select it.
With a few more options/features, it'd be a 5 star add -on.