Rated 4 out of 5
4 Stars out of 5
- by bo0kw0rm, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5I like this add-on a lot, but it seems to never save my options such as time before suspending and whether to suspend tabs playing audio. Any ideas?Hello bo0kw0rm!
Today I released new version (3.6.0+), a lot of code has been rewritten.
Bugs that you mentioned should't be a problem anymore.
If you will have still problems you can send e-mail to me or write issue under this link https://github.com/Hau-Hau/firefox-tab-suspender/issues
Extension is still in 'experimental' phase so there is possibility of bugs but I'm hard working to fix them all!
- by Firefox user 15482681, 6 months agoRated 3 out of 5désinstallé car quand on réactive l'onglet, c'est la page http qui est rechargée (et pas l'onglet qui retrouve sa forme première). De plus, un aperçu de la page telle qu'elle était avant suspension serait un vrai plus. Je vais tester Tab discard à la place.
Edit : Tab discard fait pareil (rechargement de la page http à la réactivation)Hello!
It's true, extension is loading minimalistic website instead of use native tab discarding because I found that this way of discarding is a lot more flexible and bug free than native way.
Preview of suspended tab will be added in future!
Check my extension in future, maybe then it will be fit better to you!
- by Nils Trieu, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5Simple and does the work, no gimmicks. Please add an option to keep original favicons (not to be desaturated). Thank you for your great work so far!Hello Nils Trieu!
Thanks for your review.
I will add option to keep orignal favicon without desaturation to task list!
It will be added in one of next updates.
- by DarkYuan, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on greatly eased my transition from Chrome using The Great Suspender, to Firefox ever since Google's latest update broke a lot of features I used (specifically "undo close tab" and picture-in-picture).
- by Firefox user 15379015, 7 months agoRated 4 out of 5I cannot add an exception for the tab like "Don't suspend for now"
- by vadviktor, 7 months agoRated 4 out of 5Works just like I used to a similar extension in Chrome. The only single downside yet is that it can't suspend the active tab, only tabs that are not active. Otherwise I'd wish browsers would have such extensions already built in be default.
- by Critt, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5This never really worked for me at all before but I kept it. For whatever reason it now works superbly. Hope this continues and please, don't fix it if it ain't broke.Hello Critt!
Newest version (3.6.0+) should work better than any other version before.
Don't worry, I'm working on extension always when I have time!
- by mediaklan, 8 months agoRated 4 out of 5I've tried quite a few, and this extension could easily become my favorite "tab suspender". I'm missing some features like a contextual menu (inside current webpage) with whitelist/blacklist options. Sill, thanks, and great work.
- by alexcres, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5Tried a bunch. I like this one. Specifically, it helps when switching to suspended tabs, it's not auto-reloaded. And it has suspend all left or right tabs functionality.
- by Firefox user 15298181, 8 months agoRated 1 out of 5отвратительно, потерял вкладки и историю просмотра, зачем я установил ЭТУ хрень? Тупо хотел повысить эффективность браузера остановив не нужные вкладки а в результате разу же попал на это вредительское расширение , почему в мазиле это не может стоять такая функция по умолчанию чтобы не рисковать!?
UPD чтоб ты эдох тот кто сделал это расширение, не заваливай интернет всяким хламом если не умеешь делать нормальные продукты.Hello!
Be aware that extension is still in experimental phase of developement.
If you don't know how to correctly use my extension or if you have any kind of problems you can write issue on Github or contact me via E-mail it will be helpful for making better product.
Anyway, for next time don't be rude to other people.
- by Firefox user 15296725, 8 months agoRated 4 out of 5Thanks Michalewicz, looking good so far. But perhaps a manual suspend issue has crept in. I've just installed for the first time with v3.5.0 and the "Suspend" option in the tab context menu doesn't do anything. If I choose "Suspend All to the right", for instance, then manual suspend works and tabs to the right do suspend.Hello!
In current version this is not possible to suspend active tab (any other should work).
The way how it works now is unintuitive. I'm rewriting this system according to user's feedback.
I'm glad that you like my addon. In new version system will be works better but please be patient because I'm working on extension after my full-time job so developement process is slow.
- by MaRo, 9 months agoRated 4 out of 5I tested several tab suspending add-ons But I like this one.
However the settings to suspend tabs after number of seconds (default is 60) does not work, instead the tabs are suspended right away which is annoying. I'm using FF 69.0
Please fix it. Thanks!Hello and thanks for review!
I'm glad that you like my extension.
In next update this bug should be fixed!
Please be patient because I work on extension when I can after work.
- by Firefox user 13294957, 9 months agoRated 3 out of 51) there is no whitelist yet
2) there is no "Dont suspend during this session" (temporary whitelist)
3) the suspended tab is registered in history so if I press the back arrow from a recently restored tab it goes back to the suspended page
4) should not suspend tabs receiving text input
Developer responseposted 9 months agoHello!
Thanks for your review.
Many features that you mentioned are in plans.
Current builds are not finished product yet.
"Dont suspend during this session" is great feature. I will add this to task list.