Rated 4 out of 5
4 Stars out of 5
- by Renavor, 5 days agoRated 1 out of 5Greetings fellow developer.
First of all, I must recognize the usefulness of this tool:
- Suspends the tabs without much hazzle and saves memory
- Simple suspension page, meaning no memory consumed to show an fancy site
Now, I believe some improvements would come in handy:
- Ability to recover suspended tabs after uninstalling the add-on
- Proper detection of audio / video playing in tabs so that they do not get suspended (got a podcast suspended by it)
- Proper detection of forms and inputs being edited. I cannot emphasize this more. I have had long pieces of written text lost forever because the add-on decided to suspend tabs that were obviously active with inputs on them. This was a HUGE turn off for me and is what prompted me to remove it. Twitter and Facebook posts, comments on websites, Reddit, even MEDIUM got suspended just because I changed tabs for a few minutes! Had I not had the autosave feature on that site I would have lost at least 4 hours and more than 1000+ words worth of work.
In short, this is useful for people whose main usage of the browser is reading. But for writers and editors it is a humongous pain in the ass if you need to change a tab for a moment.
And still, everyone at some point interacts with inputs and forms in websites. This is a must-fix.
Developer responseposted 5 days agoHello!
Thanks for your review and sorry for that you lost your work!
Extension is still in alpha/experimental phase, When I was developing it for first time I wasn't aware of that anyone but me will be using it, as a result of that extension started as project only for learn purpose.
Now I'm rewriting whole extension to make it more usable for other people and what is most important - more stable - current build (3.7.4) has memory leaks :(.
Detecting forms is feature that is in roadmap but I don't started implementing it yet because as you noticed there still bugs in other fields of extension.
I added more visible warning about possibility of lost data in forms. Maybe less people will encounter such big loss as you encountered.
Please check extension in future, I'm working to make it smooth and native like experience for all users.
- by Matz, a month agoRated 5 out of 5Great app, it made my day!
Reduced memory usage by 15%.
Piotr I would suggest you to make a screenshot of the "Options" to set the app directly in your info/descriprion; it took me a while to understand how to keep permanently active a tab without being always suspended. Thanks.
- by Firefox user 15900598, a month agoRated 5 out of 5Love this add-on, works the closest to The Great Suspender. The other tab suspender add-ons in Firefox reloads the tab as soon as you click on them, which isn't really ideal. I am just looking to suspend the tab without it reloading every time and this add-on does the job perfectly.
- by The Chase, a month agoRated 4 out of 5The Best Tab suspender for Firefox! But there are two small inconveniences:
* Can't sync syspended tabs between different devices (The Great Suspender for Chrome could sync suspended tabs)
* When unsuspend any youtube video - active position is a little bit different - 1-3 minutes earlier then was suspended
- by Mayoor Patel, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5Hello Developer, I thank you to provide such a great app. I found it all Very PERFECT except just one thing. Please provide "Blacklist" (of URLs) option which does not suspend the URLs in that Blacklist. For example, I would not like to auto-suspend tabs like my live-drafting e-mail, WhatsApp Web, etc while all other tabs should be in auto-suspend mode. For that purpose, there's no option to add those in blacklist so that it never gets suspended while all others will.
Anyways, otherwise it definitely IS a great app. Thank you.
- by Firefox user 15033088, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5Seems to do the job just fine, although when it suspends .pdfs, they can't be reopened except by copy-pasting the url. Also it loses the scroll position which is irritating when reading long pieces of writing.
- by Tom, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5Great extension. But whenever I disable it, it becomes impossible to restore my tabs since (as it's been pointed out before) the url gets replaced, if this can't be fixed it would be nice to at least have an option to restore all suspended tabs. Other than that, it took me a while to realize I had to actually click on save to save the settings, it's not a big deal but it seems counter intuitive since most firefox extensions will apply setting changes instantly. Either way, keep up the good work!
Edit: I've also been using this addon in conjunction with the "Simple Tab Groups" and it doesn't seem to suspend tabs in groups other than the current one. Again, I don't know how fixable this is but I thought I might as well mention it
- by Firefox user 15588300, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5suspends same tab multiple times and is afterwards not able to restore the tab as it was...
Had to urldecode several times to at least reget the url that i had opened... (for 30 tabs..)
three stars as the developer reacted immediately, opened issue on githubHello!
Extension is still in experimental phase and there is possibility of bugs which is mentioned on top of description.
Which version do you used?
With this information it will be possible to fix the problem.
- by Varun, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5Thank you for the dark theme on disabled pages! One feature request - please allow the option to set minimum number of tabs before any tabs are suspended - for example, Tab Suspender will suspend tabs only if x number of tabs are opened. I love the dark mode included - please get in touch if you'd like for me to design for you, I'm a UX and artist. :) Thank you! My handle on insta is @scarfoot_
Edit: Thank you, Michalewicz. Can you please dm me on instagram? My id is above. Whenever you want to start work on the ux, please let me know. :)Hello Varun!
I will add your feature request to task list!
Thanks for your wanting to help!
For now I'm still working mainly on features but when I will be making UI it is highly possible that I will be need UX designer!
- by xkr47, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5Otherwise good but url in tab is replaced by cryptic "moz-extension://7a1ce...." url which does not work together with e.g. "Hotkey Tabs" extensionHello xkr47!
I'm not sure whether it will be possible to change this cryptic url because of browser limits.
Anyway I will investigate this problem!