- by Firefox user 13305990, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5I have for many years been using the Newsfox add on and consider it to be one of the the best however it appears that it may not be amended to work in FF57 and above. I have been evaluating Feedbro as an alternative and I am impressed with it.
However I would like to make a suggestion - as others here have noted - to have an additional view mode similar to the 3 pane format of Newsfox as I find this to be the most efficient way to select and read articles.
- by Sylvie, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5I have the message 'invalid xml" or URL contains no feed links for all my sourceforge feeds...
Developer responseposted 4 years agoSorry but we can't repeat this problem either on Firefox or on Chrome (tested on both Windows 8.1 and Lubuntu 16+).
Please try adding one of the feeds again and see if it works. Please check that the URL to the feed points to a valid XML source.
- by Firefox user 13272507, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5First, I'm happy to have a WebExtension type RSS reader since my former reader, Brief, is going under. This gets the job done very nicely with a clean UI, but there are few areas that could be improved:
* when viewing the index, it would be nice to mark individual posts as read without linking through; some sites have hit or miss content for my interests
* with the above (imaginary) feature and with the existing "mark all read" feature, it would be nice if the index changed the color of the posts like when happens if I do click through
* an option to automatically open the "all items" index when clicking on the app button in Firefox's toolbar
Developer responseposted 4 years agoRegarding the last bullet "an option to automatically open the 'all items' index" check Options page.
First set "Feedbro extension icon click" to "Opens the Feed Reader" and then check "Open "All Items" view at start" checkbox.
After that when you click the Feedbro extension icon, it will automatically open the All Items view.
We'll add the first suggestion to the Product Backlog. Thanks!