- by Felis_Beiti, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Awesome RSS/Atom reader, good replacement for Youtube's annoying notification system. Edit: Had an issue, dev contacted me and fixed it!NOTE 1: Update as FYI for others as well: Feedbro 4.2.2 fires "When new article arrives" rules for also updated articles. This means that when the feed author updates an article, you'll get a desktop notification if you have a matching rule.
We'll change this in 4.2.5 (currently in review queue) so that feed article update does NOT fire desktop notification, IFTTT, play sound actions and does NOT mark the updated article as unread.
NOTE 2: To everyone wondering why they got some duplicate entries in some of their Atom feeds: it can happen just once per feed and is related to an internal change (we added GUID checking and the old existing entries in your local database didn't have GUID values because those weren't supported before). Long story short: even if you might get some duplicates after updating due to this, you won't get them in the future for those feeds since the GUID checking will prevent that.
- by Alinivar, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Literally amazing, was using a web service for my feeds but now I just have an extension, only problem is I'm suddenly getting duplicates of the same post from feeds and there's no Github to make an issue and using E-mail is not really intuitive, other than the new bug for me its great.
- by Firefox user 12621326, a year agoRated 4 out of 5EDIT: Thanks, I already know that. But if I mark everyone as read, they remain in the reader. I want to be able to DELETE them. Sometimes I have been away for a long time and then a lot of old feeds accumulate, and deleting takes a long time if I delete one by one.
Excellent add-on, highly configurable, really helpful, clever, time saver.
But please add an option to mark and delete all all feeds or only for a site at a time.EDIT: Ok, got it! Added this idea to the Product Backlog!
You can right-click the feed in the feed tree and select "Mark All Items as Read". Also the green checkmark icon will mark either the feed or the entire folder read when you click it.
- by f0rf0xsake, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Really useful addon!
Bro, I just have one request. On view mode 4/newspaper mode, how about an option to swap the positions of the text and the thumbnail? From top to bottom: picture, title, summary. That's what I would be comfortable with.
- by jg-staffel, a year agoRated 4 out of 5A great addon, but skips half of the news from the feed https://pikabu.ru/xmlfeeds.php?cmd=popularFeedbro doesn't really skip any articles but that feed looks like a relatively "high frequency" feed which has lots of entries during the day. For example if at night your computer is off, Feedbro can't scan the feed so if the XML provides only latest 20 entries and during the time off more than 20 new entries are posted, there's a chance to "not see" some articles. You can fix this by selecting "Feedly" to the "Proxy" setting when adding the feed. This will load the feed using Feedly as a proxy that stores all entries 24/7.
- by Jeremy G, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Would be perfect if it could be part of Firefox Sync! I love the interface and the ease of use but I'm looking for a cross-computer rss reader so I can't use it for the moment. I hope Firefox Sync will be implemented.
- by Firefox user 13059527, a year agoRated 4 out of 5would be perfect if it supports toggling on / off full article view while reading , syncing feed subscriptions, and modifying feed properties in a batch
- by oldschooler, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Excellent add-on, highly configurable, really helpful, clever, time saver. It can be better on font readability, short preview readability, options placement and other small things that can make Feedbro easier to use for non pro users. Maybe an android version option to save everything you like in a personal feed (even publishable) should be great. Maybe even an android stand alone version to have all of out feeds, given the fact you can't install it of firefox for android.
Thx for the effort and for the community.