- Rated 1 out of 5by ab, a year agoBreaks facebook. Prevents reporting people and issues. Is so resource hungry, that facebook fails to load properly 90% of the time, with images not populating or react icons not showing up. COULD NOT BE ANY WORSE THAN IT IS.
- Rated 1 out of 5by staticvoidmain, a year agoCan you not reset the color to white? It should have been blue by default, or at least do not reset it to white every single time! Why is the color preference not persistent?
- Rated 1 out of 5by soulrebelno1, a year agoI had a big problem with some websites not working properly. Cookies could not be saved, cookie pop-ups would keep reappearing, and I couldn't login. Turns out it was this add-on!
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14435039, 2 years agoNo settings or temporary disable available. Wrecks every page with an embedded instagram post - wish I could allow instagram on a temporary basis where required. It's a heavy and painful app and the site management feature is cumbersome to tweak. This is a pretty painful add on by Mozilla - as a long time firefox user this puts me off using your browser actually.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Rob M, 2 years agoIt should be of no surprise that Facebook consistently does not load properly now when this add-on is enabled. At least not on my computer. As soon as I disable Facebook Container, Facebook loads quickly and properly.
I'm sure FB (excuse me, Meta) is doing something behind the scenes to get us to have to disable this feature.
- Rated 1 out of 5by DW, 2 years agoGreat Idea, execution is poor due to performance impact.
I had to disable this extension because it was causing very slow page loads. With the extension enabled, page loading has a 2-5 second delay for every link followed or search entered. When I disable the extension, page loads are near instant. I hope the mozilla team can improve the performance of this extension.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17081444, 2 years agoi cant figure out how to delete it or put it on hold, while i try to do something
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17046840, 2 years agoYeah this doesn't work anymore. It doesn't even detect Facebook cookies while on the Facebook site!
- Rated 1 out of 5by luski, 2 years agoHo dovuto disabilitare questa estensione perché quasi tutti i video non si vedevano.
Appariva solo questa scritta: "Spiacenti, stiamo riscontrando problemi nel tentativo di riprodurre questo video."
Senza l'estensione ed isolando manualmente Facebook in un container, i video si vedono normalmente.
I had to disable this extension because most of the videos were not showing.
Only this text appeared: "Sorry, we are having trouble trying to play this video."
Without the extension and manually isolating Facebook in a container, the videos are viewed normally.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14054767, 2 years agoAbsolutely disgusting! Used to like it, but after the latest update it displays a false warning on email input boxes stating "This site can share your email address with Facebook" then promotes "Firefox relay" as a way to avoid that fictitious danger. I examined the code of several pages that initiate this warning, only clean code and nothing remotely related to FB. Scare tactics to promote a product? No thanks.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Norm, 2 years agoI had to disable this extension due to its interference with Instagram images embedded into other website's content.
Many content creators are using images from Instagram to illustrate their articles as if Instagram were a stock-photo site. Or they are using Instagram as a free repository for their own collection of images.
This extension blocks the Instagram image and replaces it with a big, fat placeholder the same size of the image. A white box with one line of text "Click here to see the image on Instagram".
Personally, I want to see the webpage as the developer envisioned it and not open a separate tab to see every Instagram image on the page.
This behavior has been reported as an issue as far back as 2019, with the developer promising to fix it, but for the moment saying the behavior is "as-expected".
As Instagram is owned by Facebook, the integration between the two sites has become much tighter. Partly I must assume as a reaction to the threat of government anti-trust action to separate Facebook from Instagram.
In any case, I disabled the Facebook Container extension and will not use it until the issues around embedded Instagram images is resolved.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 16974997, 2 years agoUsed to be a great add-in and I have recommended Firefox to my friends partially because its functionality.
Since yesterday it displays warnings on every single email field (including a service that I'm building). The warnings are not based on facts, but on speculation that website "could" use user's email address for "bad things".
I think this kind of warning is counter-productive as it dilutes the message (o, this is not a real warning, just something to ignore). It also punishes services which actually protect users privacy by setting the warning on them anyway.
But the really sad part about this functionality is that it's a forced advertising of some kind of service run by Mozilla... Shame...
I'll be happy to change my review back to 5 stars when "guilty until proven innocent" practices and the forced advertising are removed.
- Rated 1 out of 5by dd, 2 years agoLast version is very intrusive and displays scary warning messages to users without reason.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15079987, 2 years agoIst korrekt in FF 90.0.2 installiert und aktiviert, funktioniert aber nicht. Es erscheint kein blauer Rand um den Tab und die Überprüfung, ob das AddOn funzt, scheint veraltet zu sein, denn nichts von dem, was dort beschrieben ist, tritt auf.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14012355, 2 years agoI can't rate my experience with this add-on because it will not install on my Android! I downloaded it and it comes back and says there's no program to open this .xpi extension.
I love Firefox, but the disparity between the features for Firefox/Android and Firefox/Windows 10 is astonishing. And I cannot upgrade to Windows 11 because Microsoft has not released it yet for my computer.