- by Firefox user 12839, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I am enjoying continued use of this excellent add-on. Hopefully, the Webextensions API will improve to the point where it can be used as before. Thanks to the developer for the hard work getting it to were it is today which was a lot to do after all his previous hard work was rendered inoperable due to Mozilla's poor decisions in implementing only an incomplete/ineffective new extensions API.
- by Martin, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Voraussetzung: Browser Firefox! Sollte Internet Explorer, der Hauptbrowser sein, Firefox installieren und unter Einstellung als Hauptbrowser definieren. Den ePup-Reader im Firefox! installieren, er wird oben, rechts angezeigt. Die ePub-Version auf eine wieder findbare Position abspeichern und mit dem Reader starten. IE muss nicht deinstalliert werden! Ich habe noch nie sowas Geiles gesehen! Gut gemacht!
- by Firefox user 12940214, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5The app works flawlessly. The only thing I wish it had it's a better user interface. This would hands down dethrone Readium if it gets the work needed on the interface, and maybe integration with dictionary and translator. I'll be the first to donate if you could make that happen.
- by Firefox user 13081829, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5If you are upset with the new version you can download the older version here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/epubreader/versions/
I downloaded version 1.5, and it is working great just like it used to!
- by Firefox user 13079580, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Okay, like everyone else here I was pretty frustrated when this didn't work with the new update. But after a frenzy of clicking I was able to get it working.
Here's the trick:
1) To open an ebook you have to first look for the open book in your browser toolbar.
2) Click it JUST ONCE.
3) Now click the page - NOT in the middle of the image, but in the middle of the page. Click just once, if you do it twice the toolbars, which are located on the top and bottom of the page, will go away.
4) Click the button that stands for the table of contents. It looks like a tablet, or a page with writing on it.
5) Now click the first chapter.
If you're like me and would rather read it on your Kindle- you still can. Just click the floppy disc image, download, and use your favorite converter (I like online-convert.com).