- by Korwin, 5 months agoRated 2 out of 5Кажется, единственный способ на Windows читать epub с заменой гарнитуры на предпочитаемую и с инвертированными цветами. Но слишком много недостатков: нет листания Page Up / Page Down (только стрелки влево / вправо); листание вперед стрелками происходит корректно, назад же при новом разделе перескакивает на десяток экранов; ширина столбца в миллиметрах, а не процентах экрана или окна; при переходе в полный экран (F11) снизу появляется белая полоса; нет настройки инвертирования цветов изображений. EPUBReader 2.0.13 (7 March 2021), Mozilla Firefox 87.0b6 (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 10.0.19042.844.
- by lynk, 6 months agoRated 2 out of 5I used this add-on everyday a few years back before it changed because of compatibility and became unusable. Was hoping it changed since then but it looks even worst... I'm really missing that 1.6 version... :'(
Developer responseposted 6 months agoVersion 2 was created because Firefox changed the extension API to webextensions. This also caused some limitations. To claim, that EPUBReader is unusuable since then seems to me exaggerated, as you still can read epub files in Firefox.
- by Firefox user 13326621, 10 months agoRated 2 out of 5Does not support PgUp/PgDn/Home/End keys, and search is not well implemented.
Developer responseposted 10 months agoIf you use the "website reading style" (vertical scrolling), the mentioned keys work. In "book reading style" (horizontal scrolling), you can use the arrow left/right keys to page forwards or backwards.
- by Marc, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Lately this has been slowing down Firefox. Pages loading very slowly. Firefox using a lot of processor time.(quick again after I disable it) I think it is a bit suspect. I have disabled it.
Developer responseposted a year agoDon't know, how EPUBReader could cause such a problem. It seems, you suspect, that it includes a mining script. Rest assured, that this is not the case. EPUBReader is part of the Mozilla "recommended program" which only includes manually checked add-ons which meet the highest standards.
- by Firefox user 15552492, a year agoRated 2 out of 5I'd like for the reader to not waste space on the sides and to zoom in to show only the letters, dark theme. efficient display, good colors and contrast.
Cons: Doesn't recognizes file.epub when dropped on, it used to open them when dropped on any Firefox window, very simplistic I expected a little better color management and to have a library of all opened books previously
Developer responseposted a year agoDue to restrictions which were introduced in Firefox 53, it's unfortunately no longer possible to open epub files via drag/drop or via file explorer. For the same reason the private library is no longer available.