I had to go to https://mycroftproject.com/ to find clear instructions on achieving this.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15151704, 2 months agoAfter DuckDuckGo has also sold itself and filters content, as well as forwards user behavior, it's just scrap. You can also stay with Google, they have the better search algorithms.
Don't get confused with the statements that they won't do it. After all, their payment also depends on users using the site. The fact is they have been caught and are no longer trustworthy. The recension you wrote for yourself doesn't negate that either. Do you think we are stupid?!Neither of these claims are true. We don't censor news and, unless legally prohibited, you should find all media outlets in our results. Let us know if you're seeing differently. On our privacy protections, we don't track you, there are no 3rd-party trackers in our app, and we do restrict 3rd-party Microsoft scripts on sites you visit. Please see the explanation from our founder/CEO here: https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/uxiah9/comment/i9xxjsn/?context=3
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17155439, 2 months agoI'm also convinced they're allowing Microsoft to track people. I found out that for now UltraBlock is a good alternative. It also blocks trackers and tries to block ads on top of that.We are not. We don't track you, there are no 3rd-party trackers in our app, and we restrict 3rd-party Microsoft scripts on sites you visit. More here: https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/uxiah9/duckduckgo_caught_giving_microsoft_permission_for/i9xxjsn/?context=3
- Rated 1 out of 5by Mr.Pikachu The Madman, 2 months agoWow.
Never in a million years did I think a organization could break my trust this badly.
Their contractual obligations to Microsoft should have been upfront.
Also, note the developer responses in these reviews! They're lying through their teeth!
Use something else like Brave Search.Hi Mr.Pikachu. We're not sure if you've read the detailed summary that our founder/CEO wrote on reddit a few weeks ago but you can find it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/uxiah9/duckduckgo_caught_giving_microsoft_permission_for/i9xxjsn/?context=3
The stories going around are very misleading and hopefully that link above will provide more context.
- Rated 1 out of 5by privacy-xplorer, 2 months agoLack of transparency in operating policy, blocking trackers but allowing certain trackers anon or not without clearly informing users butchers trust and credibility.
- Rated 1 out of 5by ㅤㅤ, 3 months agoThe Email Protection's "Autofill" feature interfieres with the fields "TO", "CC" and "BCC" of the ProtonMail webmail interface by pasting a DDG private email adress in all these fields and making hard to manage them.
It would be a great idea to add an option to disable the "Autofill" feature in specific websites or [sub]domains.
- Rated 1 out of 5by RadianDRZ, 3 months agoCensorship!!! As soon as the CEO informed that they were down ranking sites that they didn't agree with, I said good bye.
I can no longer support DDG if they are against free speech.
We are adults. We have the right to our own opinions and research. Do not take that away!
- Rated 1 out of 5by lone_thumper-1364602543.64, 3 months agoI used to be a fan and proponent of DDG, but upon reading about their filtering of information that doesn't fit their political ideology, I am no longer a user or supporter. In fact, I am a vocal critic to those that I know who are considering using them. They broke the trust.
Developer responseposted 3 months agoWe understand that there are a number of stories circulating alleging we are purging independent media outlets and other content from our search results. These stories and the accusations are not true. If you can't find something on DuckDuckGo, please let us know what it is specifically and we'll investigate.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Vlad, 4 months agoDuckduckGo's popularity is largely due to the reputation of the search engine, caring for the confidentiality of its users and free from any censorship. Nevertheless, DuckduckGo deleted several large pirate sites from search results, among them The Pirate Bay, 1337x, Fmovies, Nyaa.see and LookMovie.io. Before that, you stated that you would delete from the issuance of "propaganda". I think that you yourself violate your rules and in particular Firefox policies about the free Internet.
P.S. I delete this expansion and will discourage them to enjoy your acquaintances.
Developer responseposted 3 months agoThere are a number of stories circulating alleging we are purging independent media outlets and other content from our search results. These stories and the accusations are not true. If you can't find something on DuckDuckGo, please let us know what it is specifically and we'll investigate.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 16397164, 4 months agoWas a pretty decent search engine until they wanted to be Google's little brother and decided to censor searches. Stop treating people like morons. Just give us the unfiltered searches and let us deiced what we want and don't want to see.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17370211, 4 months agoI have been trying to put duckduckgo on my laptop for the last hour and I cannot do it. Your instructions do not work. Can you send instructions to firstname.lastname@example.org?