- Rated 5 out of 5by truncatedGrip, a year agoworks PERFECTLY. i can type my deadname in school documents and immediately have it be changed to my chosen name as soon as i type the last letter, and GODDD i had no idea how freeing it would feel. thank you. thank you so much. this has saved me in ways i didnt even realise it would. i also appreciate being able to change my preferred name in settings at any time, and being able to add multiple deadnames. if i could give this 6 stars i would, i reccommend this so much for my fellow trans and nonbinary peeps, as well as for cis people who just dont like their name. SO good. thank you
EDIT: also really appreciate how as far as i can tell it only replaces how the name looks on your own end, and doesnt actually change anything, and you can turn it off if you need to share your screen or w/e to people you aren't out to, so it works great for people who aren't fully out yet (like me)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Coldpaw, a year agoWorks wonderfully! I'm not sure if this was a feature recently added after my initial review but there's even options to add multiple dead names so for example longer variants of "Mike" can be added.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Powi, a year agoSo I really like the idea behind. And I totally want to support this add-on.
It just so didn’t work for me, giving 5 stars would feel off.
My deadname is a very common firstname and is gender specific. Let’s say it was "William" (as in the screenshot).
My name is Powi which is very NOT common and I’m a woman.
So basically, I saw many articles and stuff talking about a Powi guy… And well I’ve started to associate my name with male gender stuff while I saw it not gender-specific + It’s weird to see so many Powi suddenly.
So… Thanks for the add-on, as for me, I’ll go without, but may be very usefull for other ppl :)
- Rated 5 out of 5by LodgingThunder, 2 years agoHonestly I had trouble looking at some of my old social media timelines that exist before my coming out post. And now it kinda feels like ive always been out lol. Its great.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Mythivy, 2 years agoThis is great except for the fact that it changed my name on an email I sent for some reason. Given that the email was to my professor, it was kind of awkward. Five stars for removing my deadname, down to three because it did a little too good a job.
- Rated 5 out of 5by ryan, 2 years agothis is really great, but i might suggest an option for any changes made to be a different color or in a box, to make sure we don't miss something or mix something up? idk
- Rated 4 out of 5by pastorauka, 2 years agowonderful add-on, I'm glad that we have that skilled and thoughtful folks in our community. Four stars instead of five - I would really appreciate some options for choosing multiple first names or maybe nicknames that you want to remove? I'm using two similar forms of my name...
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14949832, 2 years agoThank you so so so much for making this!!! I'm in the process of changing my name and my school won't change my name until the name change comes through. This brightens my day so much