- by Demek, a month agoRated 4 out of 5Works great and updates immediately but my surname doesn't change - I think the issue is that my issue contains non-English letters, I hope you will fix it soon! ^^
- by OuiOuiWillow, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5Honestly a lovely program with very few issues. It does the job it's made to do swimmingly. I've found that for me at least I need to input two deadnames before it'll properly switch the text on a webpage. Also, if it isn't too much to ask, could settings be saved to a txt or cfg file so those who frequently hop machines don't need to re-enter data constantly? Thank you so much for making this, It's a life-saver!
- by Firefox user 17281943, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5Worked immediately and seamlessly, instantly made checking up on finance things much easier mentally. Definitely keep in mind that it changes /every instance/ of a name if you happen to have a common deadname, but that's just something to keep in mind in general with things like this. Kudos to the creator for making a lovely tool that's easy to navigate and super effective!
- by XeonBionic, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5Very Good! I use this for when my deadname is still used, because it hasnt been legally changed yet. It's absolutely wonderful, and even a bit funny when I see it triggered in places where it doesnt refer to me. I guess you cant specify easily or it'd be alot harder, so I wont dock it any points for that.
- by jasper, a year agoRated 4 out of 5thank you!!! especially helpful during online schooling where my legal name is everywhere.
i would like to suggest an option to turn off the add-on's page popping up every time firefox is opened. i was screen-sharing with a group who did not know i was transgender, and while i greatly appreciate the options page not showing deadname until prompted, them even knowing i was trans at all was more than i wished for them to know at that time.
i would also like to suggest that it not change legal name while writing emails. i contacted all of my teachers recently to tell them to change my name on attendance, and it changed my legal name into my chosen name in the message without me even realizing. awkward
- by truncatedGrip, a year agoRated 5 out of 5works PERFECTLY. i can type my deadname in school documents and immediately have it be changed to my chosen name as soon as i type the last letter, and GODDD i had no idea how freeing it would feel. thank you. thank you so much. this has saved me in ways i didnt even realise it would. i also appreciate being able to change my preferred name in settings at any time, and being able to add multiple deadnames. if i could give this 6 stars i would, i reccommend this so much for my fellow trans and nonbinary peeps, as well as for cis people who just dont like their name. SO good. thank you
EDIT: also really appreciate how as far as i can tell it only replaces how the name looks on your own end, and doesnt actually change anything, and you can turn it off if you need to share your screen or w/e to people you aren't out to, so it works great for people who aren't fully out yet (like me)