- by XeonBionic, 12 days agoRated 5 out of 5Very Good! I use this for when my deadname is still used, because it hasnt been legally changed yet. It's absolutely wonderful, and even a bit funny when I see it triggered in places where it doesnt refer to me. I guess you cant specify easily or it'd be alot harder, so I wont dock it any points for that.
- by jasper, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5thank you!!! especially helpful during online schooling where my legal name is everywhere.
i would like to suggest an option to turn off the add-on's page popping up every time firefox is opened. i was screen-sharing with a group who did not know i was transgender, and while i greatly appreciate the options page not showing deadname until prompted, them even knowing i was trans at all was more than i wished for them to know at that time.
i would also like to suggest that it not change legal name while writing emails. i contacted all of my teachers recently to tell them to change my name on attendance, and it changed my legal name into my chosen name in the message without me even realizing. awkward
- by truncatedGrip, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5works PERFECTLY. i can type my deadname in school documents and immediately have it be changed to my chosen name as soon as i type the last letter, and GODDD i had no idea how freeing it would feel. thank you. thank you so much. this has saved me in ways i didnt even realise it would. i also appreciate being able to change my preferred name in settings at any time, and being able to add multiple deadnames. if i could give this 6 stars i would, i reccommend this so much for my fellow trans and nonbinary peeps, as well as for cis people who just dont like their name. SO good. thank you
EDIT: also really appreciate how as far as i can tell it only replaces how the name looks on your own end, and doesnt actually change anything, and you can turn it off if you need to share your screen or w/e to people you aren't out to, so it works great for people who aren't fully out yet (like me)
- by Coldpaw, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5Works wonderfully! I'm not sure if this was a feature recently added after my initial review but there's even options to add multiple dead names so for example longer variants of "Mike" can be added.
- by Powi, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5So I really like the idea behind. And I totally want to support this add-on.
It just so didn’t work for me, giving 5 stars would feel off.
My deadname is a very common firstname and is gender specific. Let’s say it was "William" (as in the screenshot).
My name is Powi which is very NOT common and I’m a woman.
So basically, I saw many articles and stuff talking about a Powi guy… And well I’ve started to associate my name with male gender stuff while I saw it not gender-specific + It’s weird to see so many Powi suddenly.
So… Thanks for the add-on, as for me, I’ll go without, but may be very usefull for other ppl :)
- by LodgingThunder, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Honestly I had trouble looking at some of my old social media timelines that exist before my coming out post. And now it kinda feels like ive always been out lol. Its great.