Rated 4.6 out of 5
4.6 Stars out of 5
- by Mr Blue Sky, 12 hours agoRated 2 out of 5It technically works as advertised, but slows down browsing and likely makes browsing impossible on older devices. I would recommend Dark Background and Light Text more, as it is just as effective, while being lightweight and faster. Both extensions are in Mozilla's recommended extension program, so it baffles me that one is so much more popular than the other when the less popular option is the more effective.
- by Thunder, a day agoRated 2 out of 52 stars for effectively giving me the ability to put dark mode on any website.
-3 stars for
1) making all my tabs run slower...significantly slower
2) not honoring my preference of not running the addon on certain sites. After setting a site to not use the addon when I return to the page, the addon will still sometimes applying theming to the page...sometimes incompletely. This sometimes caused text to become unreadable.
A change could be made to the addon to correct this...default to off. Let me set a preference for if I want to apply dark mode or light mode, and then let me turn it on rather than force me to turn it off when it doesn't work for a site. This would default to the addon doing nothing on any sites until I explicitly say I want to use it there. You could even set it so I can choose whether the addon is used by default or not used by default. Options are always good.
I have uninstalled this addon because of these problems. If I hear these issues have been corrected, I'll try it again.
- by Tony, 6 days agoRated 3 out of 5I would definitely say this is a great way to make all your tabs dark, but it slows down all of my pages. I would have given it a 5 star but it's just that one problem. Please fix this but otherwise it's a great add on!!
- by VanNostrand, 7 days agoRated 3 out of 5It works properly, and the interface is great, but I find that I have weird performance issues on my devices when it's used; desktop pc, laptop, and my Pixel 2.
- by Internet User, 8 days agoRated 2 out of 5I really enjoyed this until I realized it saves the sites you toggle even while in a private browser. If I'm in a private browser, I don't want anything saved. I don't care if I have to manually toggle the modes every time I open Firefox, I do not want my history saved in any way and this unfortunately does that. I even removed it and reinstalled it and it saved the old sites I had visited. Manually removing them is a pain. If this hiccup can be fixed, it'd be an easy 5 stars but my privacy concerns majorly knocked it down.