- by infonutt, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thank you, THANK YOU!! for taking the time to update this much beloved extension in the new FF! I so appreciate that you took the time to rework all the programing!
THANK YOU! LOVE this extension!
- by Firefox user 14202745, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5organiza todas as abas em cores. abre uma barra lateral esquerda com cada aba em forma de arvora de diretórios e cada uma com a respectiva cor, sensacional
- by sewcraftyme, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5It is updated often, it helps me keep track of which tabs lead me to which web site, and if I accidentally close a tab I can recover it. I am on line 10 -14 hours a day most days and without Colorful Tabs I would have pulled my hair out by now.
Customer Service is the best of all the add-ons I've ever used. I contacted the developer regarding a broken link on his page that wasn't even to do with Colorful Tabs. Within 10 hrs, he fixed the broken link, responded to me and thanked me for letting him know.
I highly recommend Colorful Tabs to anyone from the casual browser to the frantic business person who needs to assign specific colored Tabs to specific clients. Install it, check the box to keep updated and you'll always be efficient and streamlined and leave everyone wondering how you are so fabulous. I also recommend a donation to the developer. Anyone who works this hard deserves it.
- by Firefox user 12150735, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5If you love ColorfulTabs like I do and don't want to live without it, you have 2 choices. Both require ditching FF Quantum.
1. If you care about security more than speed, then as others have said, run FF ESR with CT 32.2.3. If you do this, disable auto-updates to CT.
2. If you care about speed more than security, run FF 56.0.2 (the last update before Quantum) with CT 31.2.0. This gets you the benefit of the Firefox multi-process mode, which greatly improves the speed and memory usage of the browser - at the cost of being stuck in a static configuration with no security updates. If you do this, disable auto-updates to both FF and CT. This is the config that I use every day.
- by Firefox user 13044929, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I like using "ColorfulTabs because each tab that's open has a different color. You can change the color of any tabs,
that are open, to a color you prefer. And if you have tabs for the same site, different pages, it will show a fading of different colors that the first page of that site has.
- by Firefox user 13681637, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Hello,
was used to this addon and liked the possibility to have one red tab as optical separator.
Do you think it will be possible in Quantum?
Like have different colors for tabs but without background of URL? Just the Tab area?
And have to chance to change the color of the tab?
- by Pumpkin Gal, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5KUDOS & THANKS - MANY to Shivanand for trying SO HARD, CONTINUOUSLY, to get his wonderful FAVORITE add-on COLORFUL TABS up & working with the major Firefox 57 overhaul. I've stayed with Firefox (so far) because I believe they are focused on security issues, so I am giving them the benefit of the doubt - but beware & be warned Firefox/Mozilla, as my patience is growing VERY THIN with this new FF 57 ordeal (& I don't think I am alone in feeling this way). I don't trust Windows anymore - poor security & all that with IE, as I used to be Windows until 2010 - & I'm not ready to move to Chrome or anything else. WHY am I saying all this here? Because so far I still HATE the new Firefox 57!! Colorful Tabs deserves EVEN MORE KUDOS for being one of the first so called "Legacy" add-ons to actually diligently KEEP TRYING to get up & running again, as soon as possible, with this completely different format Firefox seems to think they "need". I just want to give a HUGE SHOUT OUT & THANKS to Shivanand, for his hard work & perseverance! Also for the mere fact that HE IS TRYING - HE DIDN'T QUIT. NO, Colorful Tabs isn't working like it used to . . . I think fans would all agree that we'd like it the OLD WAY, with each tab (only) a different, beautiful, interesting color. BUT the only way he can get it to work NOW, RIGHT NOW, is with this whole bar thing, beyond just the tab, being colored. ANOTHER PROBLEM, at least for me, is that I have always loved also & used very happily PERSONAS - which is NOW all messed up with Firefox 57, in that you have to CHOOSE between either enjoying Colorful Tabs OR Personas - they are NOT, so far, compatible in this new FF 57 ABOMINATION. So, I am switching between the two. Since it's been the Christmas season, I've been disabling Colorful Tabs (HOW SAD is THAT?!!) in order to enjoy the (now MUCH SMALLER) Personas decorations, SINCE WE CAN'T HAVE BOTH TOGETHER RIGHT NOW IN FF 57, like "Back in the GOOD OLD DAYS". MEANWHILE, AGAIN, BRAVO TO SHIVANAND & HIS COLORFUL TABS, FOR TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH THIS HORRIBLE FF 57!!! People, those of you who are COMPLAINING & ANGRY about how Colorful Tabs is right now different from the past - PLEASE, DIRECT THAT ANGER & FRUSTRATION APPROPRIATELY, WHERE IT IS DESERVED, AT MOZILLA & FIREFOX; NOT AT THIS HARDWORKING, INTELLIGENT & CARING DEVELOPER!! I cannot even believe how many new reviews are GRIPPING & COMPLAINING about Colorful Tabs not being "right", as if this is the developer's fault - IT'S NOT HIS FAULT! Do you all not realize just how many developers have ABANDONED THEIR ADD-ONS, BECAUSE OF FF 57??? I have a very LONG list of (now termed "Legacy") add-ons that I REALLY LIKED A LOT & which are NO LONGER COMPATIBLE with FF 57! It is apparently UNWISE to run an older pre-57 version of Firefox, as it could be unstable & MUCH WORSE, subject to SECURITY ISSUES. So, PLEASE, let's all still give Colorful Tabs FIVE STARS, because HE DESERVES IT! He is working constantly, UPDATING every so often as this new Firefox 57 evolves - FF 57 itself is STILL EVOLVING & has MANY BUGS & PROBLEMS, so this is ALL A WORK IN PROGRESS!! REWARD this developer WHO IS TRYING, CONSTANTLY, to get this VERY POPULAR & MUCH LOVED add-on back to the best it can possibly be!!! He's PRESENT, HE'S TRYING, HE'S ISSUING REGULAR UPDATES to comply with this STUPID crazy new FF 57 - SO GIVE HIM THE CREDIT HE DESERVES for just not giving up & ABANDONING this add-on, LIKE SO MANY OTHERS HAVE DONE. AND, by the way, I AM NOT IN ANY WAY ASSOCIATED with Colorful Tabs or Shivanand Sharma, OR with ANY of his other add-ons. I've never met the man or spoken to him, nor have I ever corresponded with him by email. I'm NOT being compensated for this review & my opinion here is FROM MY HEART & 100% TRUTHFUL - NOT A "FAKE REVIEW"!!! Last of all, let me REFER YOU to another well written review, about 12 days ago from a reviewer called "worseldine" - it is a LONG review, so you can't miss it & it's about the 16th review down right now. This person HAS IT RIGHT; PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW ALSO - those of you complaining & faulting this developer, Shivanand, who CARES ENOUGH TO KEEP ON TRYING! I can't believe this - I just read one VERY IGNORANT person's review who stated - about Colorful Tabs - "There should be a special ZERO star review for this one." CAN YOU BELIEVE HOW UNFAIR & UNINFORMED THIS IS? No, there should be a ZERO STAR for Firefox 57 & for ignorant reviewers who DO NOT understand how add-ons work & who are criticizing & faulting EXCELLENT ADD-ON DEVELOPERS who have NOT given up on Firefox 57 & who are constantly TRYING to become compatible with the new "non-Legacy" format & are doing their best to comply! MANY DEVELOPERS HAVE WALKED AWAY - DON'T FALSELY BLAME THOSE WHO ARE STICKING WITH IT & TRYING THEIR BEST TO GET THE ADD-ONS WE LOVE WORKING AGAIN, IN THIS COMPLETELY NEW FORMAT! The EASY thing to do, is to give up & abandon your add-ons! The HARD, DIFFICULT thing to do is to stay in the game & to TRY to get your add-ons working properly again in this "new" (not improved, in my opinion) Firefox 57 format! SO GIVE COLORFUL TABS THE 5 STARS IT DESERVES! He got it up & working almost right away & has updated it many times already since then!!! BE HONEST IN YOUR REVIEWS!