- by Firefox user 13498977, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5This was a 5 star extension before FF57, now we have a significantly faster browser but with a shockingly bad user interface particularly the poor tab placement (fixed with a chrome css bodge) and Colorful Tabs functionality is not even remotely like it was before. I have currently disabled this extension, switched to FF dark theme and with a wider tab text space.
Would have possibly reverted to FF56 but even witha 'new' install it's impossible to install and then disable upgrades before the FF57 upgrade is downloaded.
- by Firefox user 13498771, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Miserable with Firefox 57. Not only has it taken control of the entire menu/favorites bar, it has blacked out the very top of the screen so you can't easily see the File, Edit, etc., NOR what's on the other open tabs. You cannot see the new tab field, either. HATE it. I have used this program for years and donated to it, so I hope it will be fixed at some point.
Hate it for now. Uninstalling. Also, not sure if this is related to this issue or something else inherently wrong with FF 57, but now all my bookmarks saved folders will NOT open. So everything saved within the folder cannot be reached. Woe is me.
- by Firefox user 13426857, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5The old Version uo to firefox was very great. Version 3 with Firefox 57 is horror. Wher can i find the (former) options/settings for individual outfit? In this time no use for the add-on, horror. U. Neumann
- by Firefox user 13477789, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I LOVED the old Colorful Tabs. But now, I'm not so in love anymore. Until it colors the tabs like the original one did and doesn't make my theme black, I won't use it. Since I recently donated so it can be fixed, I'm hoping it will be fixed soon.
- by hdrab1950, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5New version to become Firefox quantum compatible not working properly. If you have a single tab, the entire tab + all of the window framing is colored, so can't read text, see icons, etc.
- by Firefox user 13496787, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5ColorFulTabs was the number 1 thing I installed in any FF environment. 57 Broke it but your new ver does not work. Or more correctly does not do anything useful and actually harms visibility.
Will remove it for now.
- by Firefox user 13496483, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I have been using this add-on for a long time and loved. Sadly it no loner works on FF 57 - not your fault as Mozilla as moved to webextensions. However, I have another system still running FF 56 for extensions compatibility reasons and I find the latest CT version (32) is no longer working on FF 56. Please keep the old version working.
- by Firefox user 13496203, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Colors too strong now. In FF 57 I have no options to modify CT's operation. I will now delete it for a while. Up to now it's been brilliant, thanks.
- by wilf21, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I really liked colorful tabs and I very much appreciate the developer's attempts, against difficult odds, to get it working on the new Firefox 57. It's not at a useful point for me as yet, though. I'll keep trying it again as new versions come out.
I would respond to phubert's comment about going over to Chrome by saying that, over many years, I have never managed to get the Chrome developers to listen to any issues I have had with it and so I'm trying hard to stick with Firefox despite its current drawbacks.
- by pandapal, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Like many others, I have to give this one star now - in the past it was definitely 5 stars!! Now only the tab I'm looking at is colored - all the othres are "transparent" so that I have to click on each one to be able to read the tab. The theme at the top doesn't show through anymore. I know many of the problems are related to changes in FF - hopefully the author of this extension can make the needed changes & get CT back to the superior add-on that it used to be. Lots of us are hopeful!! I was even going to donate, but I wish I could enter the amount I would like to donate, but there are only set amounts that I can choose. Change this & I'll send a few bucks when this is fixed & I'll give a 5 star rating too! When will I learn NOT to update FF??? I held out for months without updating & FF was running SO slow I finally told myself I had to do it. I thought I was updating to 56 but instead I got 57 Quantum & I think that's why so many issues. (It is faster, though....)
- by Firefox user 13491242, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Add on was great, not working with latest version of Firefox. Blacks out theme and menu bar. I had to shut it off.
- by EdSaid, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Update 20171120 19:20
I received a message from the developer stating my review was for a previous version (32). I updated to 32.1, but it is not much better. Now it changes all the tabs to white, and still colors the current tab (and menu bar, etc., which is useless). It still does nothing to help identify other tabs. I will gladly change my rating if it starts working as planned.
ColorfulTabs always made it easier to identify tabs. Now, not only are the tabs NOT colored, they are blurred so I can't read them or find the one I'm looking for. Only the current tab is colored. It is useless. We don't need to find the current tab. And the icon that brings up a duplicate set (of colored tabs) is a wasted 'click', and is disorienting.
It used to be 5 stars. Now it is zero. Can't find anything useful about it. it's got to go!
- by Firefox user 13457224, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I was so happy to see colorful tabs has returned for FF 57. However, it is not working the way it did before. It seems to come with its own theme and everything changes to a black background. I hope this will be resolved, but until it is, I am going to deactivate it.
- by Firefox user 13489849, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Yes, Firefox 57 has been in the works with test versions available to all devs for a long long time. That was the period to try out a new version, not now.
Colorful tabs is now twice dead, I'll look in a few months to see if it's been resurrected.Well https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1320585 was files long ago and we come up with solutions as and when ideas strike, not necessarily when the 57 version is forced.