- by Firefoss, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5First he took the donation and then he removed all the source code.
As of today, nobody knows what this addon actually does to your computer, and Mozilla says that this addon:
- Access your data for all websites
- Access browser tabs
- by Firefox user 14064855, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Good to know, firefoss! I guess it's a "user beware" situation. Thanks!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I use Win 7 Home Premium SP1 (desktop) & Win 10 1703 (laptop). LOVED-LOVED-LOVED this add-on before FF Quantum. I customized colors to frequently-used links. It was the main reason I stayed with FF 56 for many months.
I finally updated to FF 60, struggled with a pesky problem on both platforms, until I stumbled onto the culprit: the new ColofulTabs kills the display of themes! Disabled ColorfulTabs, BOOM! themes display just fine! If this and the coloring-current-tab-only problem are fixed, I will consider enabling once again.
- by devineki, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5blocker issue with the latest version : when opening 2 tabs or more, sometimes a few tabs are automatically activated one after the other, and Firefox starts looping, which stops only when the extension is disabled.
- by Firefox user 14021033, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I used to love this add-on, but now it's useless because it only colours the active tab. The beauty of the add-on used to be that it would colour each tab a different colour, so it was easy to find them and differentiate them. Now it's simply decorative, kind of, and pretty useless. I deleted it right away. I've very disappointed.
- by Firefox user 12623088, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5This is the first extension I am reviewing without having tried it. I don't need to try it because colored tabs are not something I need.
This is a review of the extension page and the bad description posted by the author. Out of two paragraphs, there is almost nothing about how this addon works. The 1st paragraph is just generic nonsense and false praise about how this is the most important extension I'll ever need, and the first one I need to install. That is NOT a description, that is BS.
The second paragraph is a review quote from a user who loves this extension, for whatever reason.
Horrible presentation, no description to speak of, all BS and lies, nothing that explains what makes this extension SOOO good. This type of a front page is just very unappealing, and I'd never want to try any extension with that info.
- by wreckanoid, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5It does not work in Quantum. It overwrites my Personas theme with an aweful, random colour and does nothing for tabs. Useless, unfortunately. This was my favourite add-on prior to Quantum but is now nothing. Such a shame.
- by Zyklopz, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Quantum is horrible. It's like they deleted the fun stuff and and replaced it with... nothing. Even the bookmarks are inconvenient to use. I've been using Edge on my new laptop. It's better than this mess.
- by Dewnan, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5A once great extension, like MANY others, laid to waste by Mozilla with their lame implementation of the incomplete Quantum with most APIs unavailable to addon devs.
- by Andrewpm, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Not working at all properly in Quantum Firefox 58. It was GREAT in pre Quantum Firefox. I loved how it gave different colors to different tabs, because with this simple feature, I could much more easily see, & manage, working with lots of multiple open tabs.
In Quantum 58, it doesn't work that way at all. It just creates a weird color spread collage, which all tabs get uniformly. It sits there, and does that & nothing else. The homepage to alter settings is confusing, and doesn't seem to help at all. In the old preQuantum version, it would simply give a different pleasant color to each tab top header, so it was easy to find different tabs, and organize them. This version is totally different, and careless and distracting, unsettling, and dreary. I've disabled this, because it is nothing like the old ColorfulTabs in preQuantum Firefox. If it gets fixed, and works like it used to, I'll be happy to enable it & use it all the time. But this version, no, it creates more visual clutter, rather than organizing my tabs properly, so it does the OPPOSITE of what I'm looking for.
- by Firefox user 13824656, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Colorfull tabs latest update wipes out any attempt to use a theme. If you like a plain white theme i guess that's not too bad. Very disappointing to me though as I like color in my themes. I've used ColorFull Tabs for DECADES without a problem. Until now. A real shame I've had to delete it. I liked it when it worked.