- by Firefox user 13501076, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Vielen Dank für die schnelle Anpassung an Firefox 57. Für normale Ansprüche völlig ok. Auch wenn eine kleine Gewöhnung an die neue Einfärbung notwendig ist. Für Feinheiten der Entwicklung ist noch genug Zeit. Gruß vom Kielerjung.
- by Firefox user 13500795, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Colorful Tabs has come back, it did 48Hrs ago for a while and then stopped working and disapeared, but I get the same problems ie the tab colours all of the bookmark/toolbar area and overwrites the theme, I mean it's brilliant that your'e still trying to get this great addon to work on the nonsense that is Firefox quantum, just concentrate on the Chrome version your sanity will thank you for it.
I do like the way you can use the star icon to drop down the tab window selector that's an awesome feature.
- by Firefox user 13498977, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5This was a 5 star extension before FF57, now we have a significantly faster browser but with a shockingly bad user interface particularly the poor tab placement (fixed with a chrome css bodge) and Colorful Tabs functionality is not even remotely like it was before. I have currently disabled this extension, switched to FF dark theme and with a wider tab text space.
Would have possibly reverted to FF56 but even witha 'new' install it's impossible to install and then disable upgrades before the FF57 upgrade is downloaded.
- by Firefox user 13498771, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Miserable with Firefox 57. Not only has it taken control of the entire menu/favorites bar, it has blacked out the very top of the screen so you can't easily see the File, Edit, etc., NOR what's on the other open tabs. You cannot see the new tab field, either. HATE it. I have used this program for years and donated to it, so I hope it will be fixed at some point.
Hate it for now. Uninstalling. Also, not sure if this is related to this issue or something else inherently wrong with FF 57, but now all my bookmarks saved folders will NOT open. So everything saved within the folder cannot be reached. Woe is me.
- by Firefox user 13426857, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5The old Version uo to firefox was very great. Version 3 with Firefox 57 is horror. Wher can i find the (former) options/settings for individual outfit? In this time no use for the add-on, horror. U. Neumann
- by Firefox user 13477789, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I LOVED the old Colorful Tabs. But now, I'm not so in love anymore. Until it colors the tabs like the original one did and doesn't make my theme black, I won't use it. Since I recently donated so it can be fixed, I'm hoping it will be fixed soon.
- by Firefox user 13497878, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Sure glad this was updated, was NOT the least bit happy that firefox disabled.
This and ftp are major points for me and ftp is no longer available!
So much for helping out but I do understand.
Just that some of us old people don't much like change.
- by hdrab1950, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5New version to become Firefox quantum compatible not working properly. If you have a single tab, the entire tab + all of the window framing is colored, so can't read text, see icons, etc.
- by Firefox user 13496787, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5ColorFulTabs was the number 1 thing I installed in any FF environment. 57 Broke it but your new ver does not work. Or more correctly does not do anything useful and actually harms visibility.
Will remove it for now.
- by Firefox user 13496483, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I have been using this add-on for a long time and loved. Sadly it no loner works on FF 57 - not your fault as Mozilla as moved to webextensions. However, I have another system still running FF 56 for extensions compatibility reasons and I find the latest CT version (32) is no longer working on FF 56. Please keep the old version working.
- by Firefox user 13496203, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Colors too strong now. In FF 57 I have no options to modify CT's operation. I will now delete it for a while. Up to now it's been brilliant, thanks.
- by wilf21, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I really liked colorful tabs and I very much appreciate the developer's attempts, against difficult odds, to get it working on the new Firefox 57. It's not at a useful point for me as yet, though. I'll keep trying it again as new versions come out.
I would respond to phubert's comment about going over to Chrome by saying that, over many years, I have never managed to get the Chrome developers to listen to any issues I have had with it and so I'm trying hard to stick with Firefox despite its current drawbacks.
- by Firefox user 12073697, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5The new version has become useless. Instead of coloring inactive tabs with faded versions of their active colour, it fades all inactive tabs to some kind of unreadable black & grey, unrelated to their active colour. This has removed the reason why I wanted it, which was to quickly locate the tab I wished to switch to.
- by Wessan, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5I really like this extension and its really vital to me.
Unfortunately Firefox has migrated to Webextensions and that together with a bug in Firefox has made the life difficult for the developer.
I understand the complaints since the black background on non active tabs make it impossible to read the text, but I also appreciate the developer to try and fix this this the best way he can with the tools he has available.
Please support the developer so he/they can continue to work on this addon.